onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert

I’d like to know everyone’s opinion on Pett? To me he seems like a good player to have when you’re winning and on top, but second half he was anonymous. 

He is a tidy player and keeps us ticking but he rarely passes forward or breaks the line. Conlon is our only creative midfielder. 

I felt like the Rochdale players passed forward and broke the lines a lot more. 

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

I’d like to know everyone’s opinion on Pett? To me he seems like a good player to have when you’re winning and on top, but second half he was anonymous. 

He is a tidy player and keeps us ticking but he rarely passes forward or breaks the line. Conlon is our only creative midfielder. 

Made same shout in a wattsap group. Tidy player but seems to go around in circles. Hasn't impressed yet but his Vale career is still in its infancy. 

I expect him to get way better. 

19 minutes ago, Emile said:

I really hate these port Vale fans that come out of the woodwork when we lose. It's embarrassing. 

I find it more embarrassing that ex players have to put the boot in, at least Yates and Birchall give considered opinion not clouded by prejudice.  

3 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

I think that’s a fair assessment. Everything he does is tidy and looks good but he never really seems to be the one to put his hand up and grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Just feels like a missed opportunity today in general though to be fair I think Rochdale did everything they set out to do well. Rodney has played himself off the bench completely as far as I’m concerned, think bringing on Amoo would have been the better call in retrospect.

Well here's some good news: Jamie Proctor is joint second scorer in L2 with the highest goal ratio for 90 minutes (1.21), the fewest minutes per goal (75) and, among the top 10 leading scorers, he has the second highest conversion rate (44%). At this rate, he'll be our 20 goals a season striker. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers

At least something is going right. 

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Recruitment is shocking!

Benning Martin OMG.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Having a bad game is one thing.

being a poor player is very different. Was I a bad player?😩

How embarrassing.

Although when you list your interests as “stirring the do-dah” on your profile as a 75 year old man, what else are we to expect. 

Bitterness will eat you alive people. 

2 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

What is going wrong at Vale Park, I had you down to make the play offs!

Looks like we will be heading back to League 2, as we have lost all our decent players over the last 12 months.

Played 6 games mate , had we won we'd be in the play offs 

50 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

And who was the useless black midfielder we signed at the same time? And the left back?  God, that was a bad year!

Was that down to a scout or manager?  Didn’t our manager say he’d not watched these players but knew “of them”? Piss poor if that’s the case surely 

Next week I’d go:

Covolan

Cass/Gibbons - Smith - Jones - Amos

Garrity - Conlon - Walker

Worrall - Proctor - Amoo

Whilst I don’t think for one minute Clarke will go 4-3-3 he will find it impossible not to drop the players who had absolute stinkers today i.e. Benning, Martin and Rodney. I don’t think Pett contributes enough personally, and I think that midfield has a better balance to it. Worrall needs to be in his rightful position upfield.

My marks 

Covalan 5 nothing do really yet concedes 3, kicking good have to see there first 2 goals why wasn't he off his line claim the balls in .

Jones 5 

Martin 5 

Smith 5 

Benning 5 

Worrall 5 

Pett 5 

Garrity 6

Conlon 5 first 20 magical the faded away and apart from setting up Proctors second half spent most of the afternoon a yard behind play .

Proctor 9 2 goals a smashing performance like him .

Wilson 5 looked knackered to me after 20 mins some glimpses of skill but overall not to the  level I expect see 

Subs 

Cass 5 

Rodney 4 

Walker 4 

First twenty we should have being 3 up but when you firstly allow a cross come in and secondly give there striker 2 free headers actually 3 as he had another one straight at our  keeper then you have lacked the mental and physical strength win the  game.

Very disappointing .

Decent crowd over 6 thousand .

Proud of the remembrance  and great see so many folk in the ground shame the players couldn't do better but we go again next Sat. 

UTV 

To truly enjoy the highs you have to experience the lows.  That was about the only thing I could tell the kids at the end of the game.  Absolutely gutted at the final whistle, we were footballed off the park.  Say what you want about stats, missed chances, possession, corners etc. I’ve no idea what they say but what I do know is that I watched was an intense, energetic, incisive, clinical performance from today’s opponents, the exact opposite of what we were able to produce.  Talk about after the Lord Mayors show.

23 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

What is going wrong at Vale Park, I had you down to make the play offs!

Looks like we will be heading back to League 2, as we have lost all our decent players over the last 12 months.

Nothings going wrong. Same for yourselves a season isn’t decided after 6 games. We have in my opinion a great squad and will be there abouts come the business end of the season 

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

All about opinions.

I thought Cass was terrible. Headless chicken. An awful cross when brilliantly placed and a few terrible passes.

The double substitution was rather baffling . Proctor won every single flick on in the second half and Rodney reacted to none of them. 

A very disappointing day, threw all last week's good work down the drain.

As for the clowns on Radio Stoke. The first caller Gareth sounded like he was in his living room with a toddler, I don't think he even went to the game. 

Still early yet and I'll hope this is a blip but nonetheless a poor performance after such a superb start . 

No today I thought all defending from all players was not up to standard, but I mean going forward to Swindon etc. Keep it simple and compact.

Archived