Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

get over it the better team won, did you know clarke only  got 9 points in as may games at bristol rovers? 85 pts at end of season. im sure he will be reminding us (again). stop the crap talk and trying to be clever, stick to a game plan that works and the results will come.

Good grief all the doom and gloom moaners are out tonight. Calling for Clarke and Flitcroft to go already? Give your heads a wobble. We are a few games in-how about giving them a proper chance. Or do you want our club to suffer again with another manager and group of players out and in again. 

Saying Carol has fallen for the waffle? Do you think she is naive and weak? May as well say it. How insulating to a credible business person -someone who saved our club from Smurf the clown and not only that, a fan who really cares about the community and our club. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ginge said:

Good grief all the doom and gloom moaners are out tonight. Calling for Clarke and Flitcroft to go already? Give your heads a wobble. We are a few games in-how about giving them a proper chance. Or do you want our club to suffer again with another manager and group of players out and in again. 

Saying Carol has fallen for the waffle? Do you think she is naive and weak? May as well say it. How insulating to a credible business person -someone who saved our club from Smurf the clown and not only that, a fan who really cares about the community and our club. 

I think ppl are just frustrated and possibly protective of C&K, for what they have done for the club and they don’t want the huge investment wasted. We’ll just have to see. 👍

• Like 3

What is it with the Vale and letting expectation weigh them down ? I'm getting sick and tired of being let down when there's expectation in the air.

The service and naming all those we have lost was done brilliantly, the first 15 minutes we played as well as I have seen for a number seasons and then pop the bubble bursts and we let everyone down, same against Tranmere a bigger gate than normal and pop the balloon deflates, why can't we ever capitalise on the feel good factor.

Perhaps there's a curse when there's a crowd present we seemed to win games when the ground was empty.

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

What is it with the Vale and letting expectation weigh them down ? I'm getting sick and tired of being let down when there's expectation in the air.

The service and naming all those we have lost was done brilliantly, the first 15 minutes we played as well as I have seen for a number seasons and then pop the bubble bursts and we let everyone down, same against Tranmere a bigger gate than normal and pop the balloon deflates, why can't we ever capitalise on the feel good factor.

Perhaps there's a curse when there's a crowd present we seemed to win games when the ground was empty.

Not always the case though I agree that's the perception.

Shrewsbury 8000 odd won , Burton 12'000 demolition job. 

But I totally get what you mean it does always feel that way . 

• Thanks 1

Ten games and then go for it, but powder dry until then. Still think EVEN more that we should have signed a centre half not left back to replace Leon but one’s not allowed an opinion that the faithful on here don’t like. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, blackdog said:

That’s why it’s so hard being a PVFC fan, it’s nothing new

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think ppl are just frustrated and possibly protective of C&K, for what they have done for the club and they don’t want the huge investment wasted. We’ll just have to see. 👍

Or some vale fans are just a fickle bunch? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

So was Bob Delgado at Chester, wasn't the "Matrix" supposed to guard against this sort of thing happening. 24/38 Lge games for the Accies hardly counts as a "Virtual ever present",  a team that finished bottom of the league by 6 points.

Martin didn’t join Accies until November so he was a virtual ever present after he joined. But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good moan. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Six games into the season and sure we feel frustrated by what we witnessed today. It remains early days. Another 5 or six games and then we will get a real feel as to what is happening. I get all the views and opinions but i repeat give Clarke a chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I’m not complaining. Just giving my opinion. No sour grapes. Believe me I am well out of it.😎

What was your opinion of last week’s game, Ray?  Or the performance at Bolton?

Ten games and then go for it, but powder dry until then. Still think EVEN more that we should have signed a centre half not left back to replace Leon but one’s not allowed an opinion that the faithful on here don’t like. 
Exactly.

Ten games is the barometer. Too early to write players off, and too early to be voting for player of the season.

In the meantime, let's not get too carried away with wins, and not be too despondent with losses.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

And the notable absentee - one Leon Legge. DC needs to go out again and sign a beast of a centre half because this lot haven't got a clue.

i don’t even think it’s that type of defender we need. it’s more the leadership qualities that legge shows. Smith plays better along side legge and you can hear them both when he’s in the side. today when was quiet i swear you couldn’t hear the defenders talking to each other whereas most times when smith and legge playing they are screaming for 90 minutes. our back line did get bullied today and we didn’t have an answer on how to stop him

For me not starting Walker with Conlon and Pet was an error as Walker is the defensive rock that enables conlon and Pett to cause havoc. Today conlon got marked out of the game for 60 minutes. Terrible defending.

• Like 1