onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert

Everyone has different opinions don't they ? My two pennoth worth, for what it's worth, is midfield is not getting hold of the ball and dictating play, basically once they settled down after 20 minutes  Rochdale's  No 7 and 18  had the run of Vale Park, they had acres of space and they used it to their advantage and that puts us on the back foot and chasing the game.

Should see the tripe being posted on that vale Facebook page. Honestly we must have the thickest fan base in the country. Some already saying last years players are better. Sir Tom pope once again cropped up and when challenge at the fact proctor has already scored more we get the ‘pope was injured last season he would have scored more’. 

One post reads that Clarke says he has the best squad he’s had since his time at vale, well last year we went on a 9 game unbeaten run....

Seriously I don’t think some understand how football actually works. How anyone can think the likes of whitehead and mills are remotely close to the squad we have this season is just crazy. 

A bad day at the office that’s it. I fancy us to win (I know it’s Swindon) and I imagine all these fake fans desperate for us to lose will disappear again until our next defeat. 

18 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

She has fallen for the waffle. She deserves so much better.

Ah, the old 'Carol is great but really naive/can be won over with pretty words' line. It's been a while.

It's so disrespectful to a multi-millionaire, OBE-holding business lady. 

I'm not saying it'll all go swimmingly but the concept that she made millions and has then been conned by Flitcroft giving a speech is comical. She knows what she's doing. 

Just very insidiously critical of Carol, in my view. She built a successful business from the ground up but can't discern a bit of business BS? Come on now.

Ah, the old 'Carol is great but really naive/can be won over with pretty words' line. It's been a while.
I'm not saying it'll all go swimmingly but the concept that she made millions and has then been conned by Flitcroft giving a speech is comical. She knows what she's doing. 
Just very insidiously critical of Carol, in my view. She built a successful business from the ground up but can't discern a bit of business BS? Come on now.
She has. They both talk a great game.

36 minutes ago, Beech said:

We didn't give them a kick for 15 minutes and should have won the game in that period. I thought the loss was much more to do with us and too many players being way off it than it was to do with them. They looked a decent, effective side, but we were abysmal after the initial period. Their big lad up front had Martin on toast. Legge was a huge miss today and with him in the side we don't lose this game.

It's no good playing well for 15 minutes when a game lasts 90+ though is it.  Irrespective of our defending, their first 2 goals were great moves.  Slick, sharp passing.  The biggest difference was in workrate, after we scored they worked far harder than us, with and without the ball.  Our high press was virtually non-existant, and when we did press too often it was just with one player.  We gave them the freedom of Vale Park way too often, which in the end allowed them to pick the pass which won the game.

You're right about their No. 9, who illustrated just why you need a powerhouse CH in your team.  Unfortunately we failed to recruit a replacement so I guess we'll see the same thing happen again in some other games.  That said, Leon Legge could've played today but if you allow half decent players too much time on the ball they'll just bypass him, so I don't see his abscence as the real reason for defeat.

resisted temptation until now to post. but heres my brief take on things.

that first 20 minutes v dale was the best ive seen in years.  the remaining 70 + added on time was the worst. obviously a new team that is simply not clicking but will do with game time. the team and players need time. you cannot simply throw 15 new players into a team and expect them to play like theyve been playing together for years. this is a squad in transition and from what ive seen were a mid table team this season.

16 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
22 minutes ago, Joe B said:

She has. They both talk a great game.

Do you think they both talk a great game?

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

It's no good playing well for 15 minutes when a game lasts 90+ though is it.  Irrespective of our defending, their first 2 goals were great moves.  Slick, sharp passing.  The biggest difference was in workrate, after we scored they worked far harder than us, with and without the ball.  Our high press was virtually non-existant, and when we did press too often it was just with one player.  We gave them the freedom of Vale Park way too often, which in the end allowed them to pick the pass which won the game.

You're right about their No. 9, who illustrated just why you need a powerhouse CH in your team.  Unfortunately we failed to recruit a replacement so I guess we'll see the same thing happen again in some other games.  That said, Leon Legge could've played today but if you allow half decent players too much time on the ball they'll just bypass him, so I don't see his abscence as the real reason for defeat.

I noticed in todays game and previous home games, we dont play with a high press and this allows the away team so much more time. Is this in just a home performance ? In reports i am sure we offer much more of a high press in away games.

The number 9 is only as good as his service. We need to stop the crosses going in. That said the defending in the box was terrible. First Martin then Smith then Benning

9 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

resisted temptation until now to post. but heres my brief take on things.

that first 20 minutes v dale was the best ive seen in years.  the remaining 70 + added on time was the worst. obviously a new team that is simply not clicking but will do with game time. the team and players need time. you cannot simply throw 15 new players into a team and expect them to play like theyve been playing together for years. this is a squad in transition and from what ive seen were a mid table team this season.

Agree there. Mid table is where we will find ourselves but it only takes a good spell, last year 8 wins out of 8 and we could be there or thereabouts. Have faith ???

They do talk a great game, but the idea that Carol has been duped by a pair of snake oil salesman is not justified by fact. 

Both are experienced and decent league 2 managers. It isn’t rocket science getting out of league 2. 

There is no quick solution and some of the players notably Wilson, Martin and Pett have not been as good as I had hoped, but we have so much potential in depth that we simply have not had before. 

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Has been poor all season to be fair. We lost our way when Wilson went off. Having said that its annoying that Wilson cannot last more than an hour.

"All season"? Just remind me what month it is.  I don't care if it's April, he's had one touch (bad) and "fans" were on him.  Complete knobheads, who're too dense to comprehend that getting straight on the guys back won't actually have the desired effect.

Archived