onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think ppl are just frustrated and possibly protective of C&K, for what they have done for the club and they don’t want the huge investment wasted. We’ll just have to see. 👍

Or some vale fans are just a fickle bunch? 

Advert

53 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

So was Bob Delgado at Chester, wasn't the "Matrix" supposed to guard against this sort of thing happening. 24/38 Lge games for the Accies hardly counts as a "Virtual ever present",  a team that finished bottom of the league by 6 points.

Martin didn’t join Accies until November so he was a virtual ever present after he joined. But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good moan. 

Ten games and then go for it, but powder dry until then. Still think EVEN more that we should have signed a centre half not left back to replace Leon but one’s not allowed an opinion that the faithful on here don’t like. 
Exactly.

Ten games is the barometer. Too early to write players off, and too early to be voting for player of the season.

In the meantime, let's not get too carried away with wins, and not be too despondent with losses.

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

And the notable absentee - one Leon Legge. DC needs to go out again and sign a beast of a centre half because this lot haven't got a clue.

i don’t even think it’s that type of defender we need. it’s more the leadership qualities that legge shows. Smith plays better along side legge and you can hear them both when he’s in the side. today when was quiet i swear you couldn’t hear the defenders talking to each other whereas most times when smith and legge playing they are screaming for 90 minutes. our back line did get bullied today and we didn’t have an answer on how to stop him

So disappointed with that defeat after such a great start but congratulations to Rochdale on their first ever league win at Vale Park.We should have been 3-0 up before they scored but we are sadly lacking up front despite creating numerous chances once again.

Gutted but still hopeful.KTF

2 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

For me not starting Walker with Conlon and Pet was an error as Walker is the defensive rock that enables conlon and Pett to cause havoc. Today conlon got marked out of the game for 60 minutes. Terrible defending.

Garrity deserved to keep his place he was excellent at Forest Green.

Walker actually didn't shore up the midfield one little bit when he came on . 

Majority were off it including Walker 

Well, really don’t know what to make of that game or the team in general.

First 20 minutes, outstanding and the game really ought to have been put to bed. That chance that hit the post (Garrity??) has to be seen to be believed.

Then at 20 mins it was like a switch was flicked as they had us totally figured out. We lost complete control of the game and never got it back.

I have no doubt Rochdale will be up in the top 3 this season. They had some very good players, a more direct and purposeful midfield with neat passing an excellent movement and Beesley, O’Keefe and Odoh caused us no end of problems. 

On comparison, our midfield looked pedestrian with too many slow and sideways passing, before looking for the ‘Hollywood’ ball which stopped working for us 20 mins in. All are neat and tidy on the ball but as a unit didn’t look anywhere near the level of theirs.

The less said about our defending the better. Beesley had our CB’s on toast but I do think he’d have found it a more difficult afternoon against Legge.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this system simply does not suit the players we have.

Benning has been a major disappointment for me so far, but I agree with ‘Seb’ off Radio Joke who said there are that many formation changes he probably doesn’t understand what his job is. 

Rodney looks a shadow of the player of last year, likewise Worrall, both being effectively played out of position. 

Interesting to see where we go from here, especially ahead of a trip to our not-so-happy hunting ground Swindon 😩

24 minutes ago, valiantastic said:

i don’t even think it’s that type of defender we need. it’s more the leadership qualities that legge shows. Smith plays better along side legge and you can hear them both when he’s in the side. today when was quiet i swear you couldn’t hear the defenders talking to each other whereas most times when smith and legge playing they are screaming for 90 minutes. our back line did get bullied today and we didn’t have an answer on how to stop him

What you described is just what I meant by Beast

Archived