onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

32 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Benning an absolute legend at Mansfield with clubs in the higher division after him. Martin a virtual ever present in a Scottish Premier side last season after he signed and excellent last week at FGR. Both had poor games today - I take it you never had a poor game Ray?

So was Bob Delgado at Chester, wasn't the "Matrix" supposed to guard against this sort of thing happening. 24/38 Lge games for the Accies hardly counts as a "Virtual ever present",  a team that finished bottom of the league by 6 points.

Advert

All League Two teams will randomly lose games they don't expect to, that's a given. But we've defended well all season in the league so far, up until today. Had someone told me prior to kick-off we'd score 2 goals I'd have been celebrating three points early. Although a bit of credit has to go to Rochdale, the space we allowed players to knock balls into our area for their goals and pretty much the entire game was disgraceful. 

Individual errors are hard to legislate for, the same happened on Tuesday with Johnson.  But I thought we were far worse today, I have no idea why we went so flat, but I do think the manager made a mistake with his subs. I think he panicked at half time, we were still in the game and those 2 changes were too early. Rodney and Cass had no impact on the game, both were poor for me and the Walker sub was baffling. Amoo played well on Tuesday and IMO deserved to come on over Rodney.  Worrall was struggling with a knock it seemed so why not bring on Amoo or politic for him? Overall, individual errors and tactical mistakes from Clarke I think cost us dearly. But also let’s not forget that Rochdale are a good side. 

Well not much say Rochdale deserved the win we started the game like we were going tonk them 10 -0 then I felt we got too arrogant and conceded a abysmal equaliser then another terrible goal from a cross with Martin and Smith not covering themselves in glory on both occasions in fact they were feeble on both occasions with Beesley showing that he wanted it more it was dreadful defending shame really as Smith set up Proctor first superbly and Conlon set up Proctors second superbly but then we concede a even worse goal the third although he looked miles offside to me but overall they deserved the win we gave them too much space in my opinion .

PROCTOR superb 👌enjoyed his application and loved the remembering all the wonderful people lost to covid and other horrible diseases. 

VALE have much to do I was livid with the defence they have given the  game away today in my opinion .

Disappointing result, good day out though. First proper visit to the fan zone, very enjoyable hope they find a way to expand it and cover it for the winter months. I like the Procter Wilson partnership upfront. I think Wilson is getting some rough reviews, his movement and hold up play is very good, he just needs a goal to top it off now. Devantes appearance was underwhelming to say the least, miles off the pace. Defensive errors let us down today, that's not taking any credit off Rochdale, they looked a decent outfit. Keep the faith valiants, we will get there.

get over it the better team won, did you know clarke only  got 9 points in as may games at bristol rovers? 85 pts at end of season. im sure he will be reminding us (again). stop the crap talk and trying to be clever, stick to a game plan that works and the results will come.

Good grief all the doom and gloom moaners are out tonight. Calling for Clarke and Flitcroft to go already? Give your heads a wobble. We are a few games in-how about giving them a proper chance. Or do you want our club to suffer again with another manager and group of players out and in again. 

Saying Carol has fallen for the waffle? Do you think she is naive and weak? May as well say it. How insulating to a credible business person -someone who saved our club from Smurf the clown and not only that, a fan who really cares about the community and our club. 

6 minutes ago, ginge said:

Good grief all the doom and gloom moaners are out tonight. Calling for Clarke and Flitcroft to go already? Give your heads a wobble. We are a few games in-how about giving them a proper chance. Or do you want our club to suffer again with another manager and group of players out and in again. 

Saying Carol has fallen for the waffle? Do you think she is naive and weak? May as well say it. How insulating to a credible business person -someone who saved our club from Smurf the clown and not only that, a fan who really cares about the community and our club. 

I think ppl are just frustrated and possibly protective of C&K, for what they have done for the club and they don’t want the huge investment wasted. We’ll just have to see. 👍

What is it with the Vale and letting expectation weigh them down ? I'm getting sick and tired of being let down when there's expectation in the air.

The service and naming all those we have lost was done brilliantly, the first 15 minutes we played as well as I have seen for a number seasons and then pop the bubble bursts and we let everyone down, same against Tranmere a bigger gate than normal and pop the balloon deflates, why can't we ever capitalise on the feel good factor.

Perhaps there's a curse when there's a crowd present we seemed to win games when the ground was empty.

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

What is it with the Vale and letting expectation weigh them down ? I'm getting sick and tired of being let down when there's expectation in the air.

The service and naming all those we have lost was done brilliantly, the first 15 minutes we played as well as I have seen for a number seasons and then pop the bubble bursts and we let everyone down, same against Tranmere a bigger gate than normal and pop the balloon deflates, why can't we ever capitalise on the feel good factor.

Perhaps there's a curse when there's a crowd present we seemed to win games when the ground was empty.

Not always the case though I agree that's the perception.

Shrewsbury 8000 odd won , Burton 12'000 demolition job. 

But I totally get what you mean it does always feel that way . 

9 minutes ago, blackdog said:

That’s why it’s so hard being a PVFC fan, it’s nothing new

Archived