onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Beech said:

Early days but I don't think Benning is the answer at left-back. Decent enough going forward but he hasn't got a clue when it comes to the other end of the pitch. The better teams in the league will have a field day against him.

We’re not playing Benning at left back, he’s playing more midfield. He would do at left back as he can play the way that he’s facing instead of having to turn. He did get caught in possession today in the second half because Rodney was not making any runs for him

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

You happy?

you believing the spin?

stooping low with your reply Jean.

What was low about it Ray?  Players have poor games. All I was asking was if you had ever had one. Criticising the whole recruitment on the basis of one game was, in my opinion, over the top and unnecessary. 

It seems like too often our back three are stretched and have to go and close down the player on the ball (causing a chain reaction of passing on their player to somebody else and so on) and that’s how somebody gives their man the slip and scores against us  

Thats what happened on Tuesday and it looked like what happened today when Benning slipped for their first.

1 hour ago, Beech said:

After the first 15 minutes or so this has been absolutely depressing stuff. Through poor mistakes and sloppy play again and again we've made Rochdale look much better than they are.

Beech, I agree. The reason being that after 15 minutes of them not having a touch and playing it on the floor and going forward. Worrall moved from right wing to right fullback, Smith from centre half to right midfield. The ball then started getting pumped in the air, we invited Rochdale to keep possession and come at us which they duly did, as we weren’t pressing the ball. Then we started hoofing the ball in the air and passing side wards and backwards.

Who is responsible for changing the style of play after the first 15 mins.?

Its hard to know what to make of that display after last week. We started like a train and could have been 2 or 3 up with better finishing, but as soon as they scored with pretty much their first chance we just lost all our momentum. I'm liking Proctor and Wilson up front, and although only one is scoring, I'm sure that will change. The defence was terrible today, but I dont think its just Legge's absence. I dont think that the half time subs worked at all. Rodney needs to learn to stay on his feet as he's going backwards. Why won't he play Politic?

Just hope its a one off.

Started very well didn’t we. Some exciting stuff first 15 mins and Conlon was instrumental. We prob started too well if that makes sense. Then for some reason, was it they altered something? I didn’t see. We started to lose a grip on the game and started to play those long balls that go nowhere. We conceded some bad goals today and we still always let crosses come into the box far too often for me. 

Pleased with proctor. He looks a very good player. All that hard work last week seems for nothing. It was a big game for me today in terms of getting two wins on the bounce and in front of a good vocal crowd again and moving up the table. It’s a shame we couldn’t do this. I also wish Clarke would stop thinking he’s some kind of tactical genius in keep changing systems all the time. We’re prob better than last seasons side but we’re still short of a top 7 side. 

and don’t get me started on devante Rodney. 

Strange game today. How many times are we going to let teams off the hook, 2 guilt edge chances today, we should've been 3 up after 15 minutes. Very very poor at the back & lost control of the game as soon as we conceded the equaliser. 

Another special mention for Benning who I have to say is absolutely awful. He whips a decent ball in now & again but he literally offers nothing else. Absolute liability & shocking for the 3rd goal. I'm yet to see him have a good 90 minutes, doesn't look interested at all. Needs a rocket up his arse, as does Rodney on today's showing. He looked way off it. Wasn't even challenging for the ball half the time & easily muscled out, which for a bloke of his size is shocking.

Overall really disappointing as it would have been great to back up last weeks great win, with a home win. We're now starting from scratch again.

Archived