onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert

16 minutes ago, 1 said:

Looks like Amos will get his chance quite soon.

and Politic

and Cass

and Walker will be back

All about opinions.

I thought Cass was terrible. Headless chicken. An awful cross when brilliantly placed and a few terrible passes.

The double substitution was rather baffling . Proctor won every single flick on in the second half and Rodney reacted to none of them. 

A very disappointing day, threw all last week's good work down the drain.

As for the clowns on Radio Stoke. The first caller Gareth sounded like he was in his living room with a toddler, I don't think he even went to the game. 

Still early yet and I'll hope this is a blip but nonetheless a poor performance after such a superb start . 

Disappointing result, too many mistakes and sloppy defending by Vale. One win last week vs FGR doesn't make the season.

The recruitment this season hasn't been as good as some on OVF think, Legge, Smith are still Vale's best defenders and Worrall, Conlon Vale's best midfield players. 

No need for 2 subs at half time. 1-1 at half time was not disastrous and we had enough time to win the game. I don’t get the want to change things all the time. 4-4-2 with Rodney at left midfield is never going to work. The madness at the start of the second half didn’t need to happen. 

Also, I don’t get the reluctance to play wingers. Why can’t Amoo or Politic get a game?

51 minutes ago, Pops said:

Recruitment is shocking!

Benning Martin OMG.

Benning an absolute legend at Mansfield with clubs in the higher division after him. Martin a virtual ever present in a Scottish Premier side last season after he signed and excellent last week at FGR. Both had poor games today - I take it you never had a poor game Ray?

Amazing for 20 minutes, then utter garbage! 

Rodney was an embarrassment! Benning was very poor, Martin was very poor, Garitty and Pett were very poor. Wilson didn't do much and even Woz was quiet! 

Conlon and Proctor were decent. 

The system, formation and players got more and more confusing and disjointed as the game went on. 

Very frustrating that we lose at home following a great away win. New manager, new process, new squad, same old Vale. 

Whilst I acknowledge he hasn't scored and that's his job I've got to admit I'm sick of Wilson being hauled off game after game. 

He put twice the effort in that Rodney did. I can't believe how awful Rodney was today a truly woeful 45 . 

Proctor and Conlon for me the only two stand outs 

On today's naughty step 

Pett, anonymous

Rodney, disinterested

Martin, cumbersome

Cass, colour blind 

Oh well I'll be at Swindon hoping for what seems like our first win since the 90's ? 

I'm really pissed off with that result today. Why are we constantly playing not too loose?

Great start, we should be 2 or 3 up within the next 15 mins looked good but one the goal goes in we looked really larthegic. We looked completely off the pace with no idea how to manage the game, constantly giving the ball away.

What really annoyed me is iin the 2nd half we went 442 put them under pressure scored a goal and immediately the manager changed it back to <ovf censored> 352 and we lost all energy and impetus again. From that point only ever going to be one team winning it.

Very poor defending for the 3 goals but I'm sorry that defeat is on the manager tonight for handing momentum. back to Rochdale with poor subs and tactics.

AND when is Rodney going to <ovf censored> learn how to play football.??

Wilson is getting a much harder time on here than anyone else, which I think is unfair. It's no coincidence that all of Proctors league goals have come when he's played alongside Wilson. Wilsons runs, touches and pressing occupy the oppo defence a lot more than Rodney has

Lovely tributes pre-game and found myself emotional when opening the programme to see Old Sage's face.

Clarke seems intent on his teams starting at great pace for 20 minutes and then, as its unsustainable, taking the foot off the gas. Happened the last two games. Last week we got 2 and defended superbly, this week we got 1 and defended poorly.

Benning is a real disappointment, and Martin failed to get hold of Beesley all day in a dire performance. The switch to 442 allowed their 18 to pick the ball and cause havoc. Wilson looks more forlorn by the game.

We've gone from defensively solid with no goals to goals and leaky defense. Proctor looks superb but the balance needs to be struck. Very disappointing with 5500 home fans in. 

Archived