onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, jeffers said:

What’s the point having Politic & Cass on loan if they are used as seat warmers, don’t think their parent clubs would want that. Never agreed with “don’t change a winning side”, if it improves the side change it.

Politic hasn't played a competitive league game since very early 2020. I think Bolton would be less impressed if we chucked him in the deep end and he got a muscular injury through lack of fitness.

FWIW I think DC would have no issue with changing a winning side. It's all about how the opposition line up and in what shape in his mind. 

Advert

55 minutes ago, jeffers said:

What’s the point having Politic & Cass on loan if they are used as seat warmers, don’t think their parent clubs would want that. Never agreed with “don’t change a winning side”, if it improves the side change it.

But thats the question... would it really improve he side for the game against Rochdale ?

If DC thinks yes then I ve no doubt he will change a winning team... but he may think no....

25 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I agree with an earlier post, same team as last Saturday except Conlon could in for Walker. Good that we have options on the bench though. 

I m not sure that would work... Walker is more defensive and adds a bit of height to the team which is always a bonus / necessity* (delete as appropriate) in centre midfield in League 2.

Now it seems as though we have some actual team selection issues to discuss on here rather than attacking each other s posts due to frustration and the knowledge that we are a rubbish team ! long may it continue.

Rochdale are second in the Expected Goals table - below us - except they've scored seven to our three and they had a good win 3-1 at Northampton, so they're not going to be a push over. My guess is that, as usual, DC will have done his homework and if he thinks he needs to, he will change the side. Unpredictability for the opposition is the one thing we can expect from him. It's going to be a real match up. 

As others have said, some interesting selections dilemmas, and it’s great to have squad depth. 

I think a lot hinges on how fit Conlon is. If he’s 100%, then I think Garrity is the unlucky one. Can’t see it being Walker after he was rested midweek.

I think he’s go with the following:

Covolan

Smith   Martin  Jones 

Worrall  Pett  Walker  Conlon  Benning

Wilson  Proctor

Stone, Cass, Gibbo,  Rodney, Amoo, Politic, Garrity

Plenty of options on the bench as well. 

Memorial to take place before KO.

"Supporters are asked to arrive at Vale Park early and to take their seats by 2.40pm so that they may observe the act of remembrance.

At approximately 2.45pm Port Vale Club Chaplain, the Reverend Ashley Cooper will lead a party including club Chair Carol Shanahan OBE, Supporters’ Club Chair Mark Porter, a representative from Rochdale AFC and two Junior Valiants carrying club banners on to the field."

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Big game home game aswell always a tough nut Rochdale are ,looking forwards to it regardless even if I'm still on holiday or not as could be heading home early on day of the match or evening at end of day I will be watching somehow or other even if I have to pay a extra tenner to do so as already have a season ticket which lad will use if not back and might use when I am back if tired after long drive home from Truro. 

Team well has anyone done enough get in last night 3 goals conceded seen them were very poor from a team point of view all 3 avoidable  

Having not watched the last 3 games I'm not going insult folk by choosing a team I think DC will know the team to get the 3 points.

Be nice for them win a home game it's been so long  since we last did and that was lucky v Morecambe I think .

HERES HOPING .

come on Vale 

Hi.  If by leaving early you mean 5 or 6 o'clock,  fine.  If you mean 9, forget it. The A30 east bound and M5 will be horrendous on Saturday.   My advice,  ( I do this journey regularly),  would be leave about 3ish.  If you want to watch the game and go at 5 or 6, roads should be fine, but you will be in the dark a fair bit, never pleasant.  Forecast is ok for Saturday 

Safe journey pal 

UTV

9 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Hi.  If by leaving early you mean 5 or 6 o'clock,  fine.  If you mean 9, forget it. The A30 east bound and M5 will be horrendous on Saturday.   My advice,  ( I do this journey regularly),  would be leave about 3ish.  If you want to watch the game and go at 5 or 6, roads should be fine, but you will be in the dark a fair bit, never pleasant.  Forecast is ok for Saturday 

Safe journey pal 

UTV

Thank you for your reply yes we going leave at 6 a.m already discussed with lovely lady ,we travelled down at 4 got here after 4 and a half hrs would have been 5 and a half but stopped off at Bridgewater services for a hr .

Cheers as long as back safely the going home part of a holiday is the worst so not bothered hopefully be back for the match .

Many thanks I feel a Garrity goal is well over due and Worrall is yet to score he will soon and I'd love see Wilson bag one too .

UTV 

39 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but… Conlon is going to have to bide his time and wait for Garrity to have a bad game to get back in.

I think it will be Walker that misses out and the midfield 3 that started at bolton will start v Rochdale. 

Archived