Match Thread: FLT G1 Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Well, how enjoyable was that 😄 Sexy football at its best the last 20 mins. Bolton couldn’t cope with us. Very promising. 

This is a good Bolton team. To be leading and playing how we did, especially in the second half of the first, very promising!

Can see another two goals in this game, just hope at least one is for us!

Excellent first half that, error aside. To be fair to Johnson, he could have gone hiding after that, but he hasn't. If anything, he seems to want the ball more. Think he's had a decent game but for that. What a pass that was by Cass for Amoo. If it was up to me, I'd sign Cass permanently now!

Some lovely football being played by us. Pett is a HUGE upgrade on Joyce. Garrity gives us that drive and pressing from midfield that we've been missing. Once again I'm being thoroughly entertained by watching Vale. I've been out of my seat more in the first 7 games this season than I have been in the previous 4 seasons combined. Long may it continue

• Like 9

I don't think I've ever read so much positive comment.  Wish I was  watching it, sounds like some good football being served up by a 'second string'  line-up. Could pose some very nice selection problems for the gaffer this weekend!

Johnson’s error aside that was a good half time watch. Big shout out to Gibbo who I think has been excellent, his switch of play out to cass for the first goal was really good and not only that but his interception and run run to set us on our way for the second. Not only that he’s made quite a few runs that haven’t been picked out and he’s got into good positions that haven’t been picked out. Cass has linked up with him really well and how refreshing is it to see cente halves getting in and around the opposition box in open ball. All in all i’d say we are have got some good strength in depth. 

1 hour ago, Rory said:
1 hour ago, philmpv said:
You've gone quiet? emoji849.png

It was only half an hour ago chief. And I still reckon the bloke is pap.

There are a few utter <Edit> on here - all too quick to jump all over other Vale fans for expressing their opinions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:
There are a few utter <Edit> on here - all too quick to jump all over other Vale fans for expressing their opinions.

An opinion formed after around an hour, out of 7 games, of seeing the guy play. Can you not see how that would irritate the majority, particularly when he had absolutely nothing positive to say after the 2 goals scored by us?

• Haha 1