onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G1 Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Played really well in most part tonight. Thought Gibbo and Cass down the right were fantastic. Midfield 3 worked hard and Amoo as a forward is interesting. 

Gives DC a real headache in terms of choosing players.

Another observation was how comfortable we looked on the ball, especially with Cass, Gibbo and Benning from out of defence. To be fair Johnson didn’t do too badly with his distribution after his mishap.

It just made me consider which defenders would be the most comfortable with the ball at their feet and be competent defending. This back 5 would be my choice:

Gibbo       Cass       Martin       Jones          Benning

With this defence and the midfield options we should be able to ‘boss’ most sides in our league. I appreciate it’s a little controversial not to include Smudge/Legge (I love both by the way) but these players seem very comfortable on the ball and get forward. I also think that if we are going to go 532/352 then I would go Gibbo over Worral.

No big deal losing this game encouraging that we played well in spells disappointed that we conceded 3 be it against a league one side but great that certain players have given DC more selection dilemmas and he as rested 6 of our better players ,Covalan Walker Martin Wilson and the  hugely impressive for me Proctor and D Jones 

Good match practice for the lads and two goals from Conlon and Amoo to boot so there the big pluses ain't seen the oppositions goals and have no wish to hope the players who cost us learn from there errors ,good job  not in important  league games 

UTV 

38 minutes ago, MBE said:

Excellent performance. 

A couple of individual errors cost us the game but we passed the ball extremely well creating chances.

Huge competition for places in most areas of the pitch - I need to see much more from Rodders though in ana area the penalty area. I'm beginning to loose a bit of patience with him.

Yeah he really needs to push on with his decision making now, get some composure beaten into him. 

Excellent performance. 
A couple of individual errors cost us the game but we passed the ball extremely well creating chances.
Huge competition for places in most areas of the pitch - I need to see much more from Rodders though in ana area the penalty area. I'm beginning to loose a bit of patience with him.

Agree. Rodney was the only disappointment for me tonight (and this season so far). Still making the wrong decision nearly every time. If he just looked up and passed it then 90% of the time we'd score. It'll come, but he needs to do it quick or I can see DC losing patience with him as well and he'll find himself 3rd choice

18 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

How did jake Taylor do 

Not much to be honest. Positives Cass, Garrity (again), Gibbo, Conlon, Amoo (decent effort at CF), Smith (himself). Negatives, too many individual mistakes. Stones looked shaky. Rodders just couldn't get in the game.

Overall not bad. A bit disappointing though that we couldn't get something, and I thought we faded a lot second half and in the end their superior class won out.

We were excellent second half of the first half though.

23 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Agree. Rodney was the only disappointment for me tonight (and this season so far). Still making the wrong decision nearly every time. If he just looked up and passed it then 90% of the time we'd score. It'll come, but he needs to do it quick or I can see DC losing patience with him as well and he'll find himself 3rd choice

Honestly he will find himself 5th choice if he doesn't start listening to the coaches. Agre with @Doha really poor decisions and he's not taken enough care with passes but the lack of movement to get across the defender on the front post or get on the far post is really begging to bug me. 

I'm so frustrated with him because with his skillset he should be playing the Championship.

15 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Not much to be honest. Positives Cass, Garrity (again), Gibbo, Conlon, Amoo (decent effort at CF), Smith (himself). Negatives, too many individual mistakes. Stones looked shaky. Rodders just couldn't get in the game.

Overall not bad. A bit disappointing though that we couldn't get something, and I thought we faded a lot second half and in the end their superior class won out.

We were excellent second half of the first half though.

We had enough chances to win the game in the 2nd half too, poor finishing, the wrong pass and the changes made cost us.  We played pretty well then too. No problem though the players need game time so a useful exercise.

Archived