Official website: Five first team players feature in friendly

7 hours ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

Irrespective of the quality of the opposition, Politic seems to be getting some excellent reviews

He is direct and has come to impress. Can't wait to see what he can do against league 2 opposition 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

Irrespective of the quality of the opposition, Politic seems to be getting some excellent reviews

While it's frustrating we haven't seen him play yet, I think Vale are being pretty sensible with him.

It's fairly common for loanees to go to a club after an injury in order to regain match fitness. Sometimes, Vale have plonked loanees who weren't match fit straight into the starting eleven with disastrous results. I'm thinking Florent Cuvelier and further back Scott Mean... 

So, I think it's good that Vale are being pretty cautious with him right now. It's no good to Vale or his parent club if he's rushed back too soon and picks up the same (or another) injury as a result.

I suspect he'll start being introduced as a last fifteen minute impact sub and the coaching staff will assess and see how he goes before he's given a start *

* Note - this prediction now almost certainly means he's be in the starting line-up at FGR! 😉

• Like 1