Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

On 25/08/2021 at 11:53, Tapper said:

I tried to in bed the tweet I don't know what's wrong with it. lol

You just need to paste in the URL not the embed code. Hope that helps.

Like this - 

16 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Gibbons played in the friendly yesterday. Maybe an outside chance of the mech saturday? Taylor didn’t feature in it. 

I was a bit concerned by Taylors absence with the friendly. I expected him to take part given DC had said before he was running. I hope DC is pushed on it at his conference, it really would be nice to understand what is the situation is.

It's a real shame because I think Taylor would be a real asset playing in further forward in the Garrett role plus we really don't seem to have any completion in that area of the pitch with Conlon out injured too.

• Like 2

I thought Taylor had a real purple patch in his first period with us. He didn't quite come back the same player but he did have injuries and was in and out of the team a bit. Hopefully he will get back to how he was but I think he would need a run of games and I'm unsure whether Clarke rates him.

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

From what has been briefly mentioned I think he's got the same thigh injury he had a couple of seasons ago which kept him out for a while

There’s a 50% chance it’s the same one. 

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I was a bit concerned by Taylors absence with the friendly. I expected him to take part given DC had said before he was running. I hope DC is pushed on it at his conference, it really would be nice to understand what is the situation is.

It's a real shame because I think Taylor would be a real asset playing in further forward in the Garrett role plus we really don't seem to have any completion in that area of the pitch with Conlon out injured too.

MBE, Report in the Sentinel where DC says Jake Taylor has a thigh injury that he picked up last season, it will be another week before he can take part in a game. I hope he gets back asap 'cause he's a quality player.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-update-james-gibbons-5820178

• Thanks 1

On 25/08/2021 at 21:32, valiantastic said:

anyone heard anything from the club about the injury statuses of gibbons, taylor, legge and conlon? hopefully conlon is back for the weekend. i’m a little worried about the legge one as nothing has come out from the club. hopefully taylor can provide a bit of a goal threat from midfield too 

ask the media dept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you can find them.😒

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So a very good away following going back the Vale tomorrow just get  behind them there's nothing else you can do .

Personally feel we have nothing lose GO FOR IT attack and see what occurs hope Walker plays them super long balls through and it gets us in one on one with the keeper and last defender .

DO not sit deep 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Disappointed about Legge. He's started in excellent form. 

I guess a lot of us thought he might be a bit part player ? He's rammed that thought down my throat, rightly so 

Gives Martin I assume a long run of 10-15 games to cement his position. 

Not great obviously but also an opportunity now for Martin's Vale career to get going. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Shame for legge he’s done really well so far. Martin is a quality proven CB at this level though so I’m more than happy for him to get more game time. He’s not a young inexperienced lad like sproson seems to think. 

I think if we’re sticking with a back 5 that could see benning come into the side and Jones at Cb with smith and Martin 

Edited by valiant_593

We do seem a little unlucky with injuries! Still a good test to see what depth we have in the squad. I hope we can start to click a bit more and we can get a result tomorrow a positive result would be fantastic. The travelling Valiants deserve something to shout about after the disappointment of Northampton.

Really looking forward to this one tomorrow. I know its early stages but I expect FGR to be top 7 come the end of season anyway so it will be a good barometer to see where we are. I have a sneaky feeling we will finally get 1 in the W column come 5pm. 

0-1 to the Valiants.