Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just watched the highlights.  What on earth was Rodney booked for?  He got to the ball, put it into touch and the guy dived over his leg.  Watch the reaction of the fans right next to it - not a murmur.

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights.  What on earth was Rodney booked for?  He got to the ball, put it into touch and the guy dived over his leg.  Watch the reaction of the fans right next to it - not a murmur.
That's what I said. Ridiculous yellow. It wasn't even a foul!

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Wonder if Man City fans are demanding a new GK after Edersons antics yesterday? emoji849.png

These bloody Brazilians - they have to make their clean sheets exciting!!

• Like 1

Was anyone else amused by the way Bernard, their No 3, was wearing his shorts?  He had the legs tucked up inside his pants - looked like he was modelling Marks and Sparks knickers. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Was anyone else amused by the way Bernard, their No 3, was wearing his shorts?  He had the legs tucked up inside his pants - looked like he was modelling Marks and Sparks knickers. 

Can only assume he'd watched The big match revisited and thought it was a good look. 

• Like 1

Where the fig jiggins are Walker, Pett, Conlon and Garrity going to play once all fit? Maybe Garrity will end up being a bit part player but he’s played really well in the last 2.

• Like 2

Where the fig jiggins are Walker, Pett, Conlon and Garrity going to play once all fit? Maybe Garrity will end up being a bit part player but he’s played really well in the last 2.
That is where man management comes in, keeping everyone happy.

19 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Manners make the man. Great result today, but he could do better interviews. 

There was nobody more prickly and abrasive than Brian Clough...except, maybe, Fergie? Enough said!!!

11 hours ago, Doha said:

Look, I know a few have a complex over the manager and DOF but I think this is a really likeable squad. They all graft, there's some characters in there, I think they responded really well to the support from the away following. Lots of genuine passion at FT when they walked over as getting the win was clearly a relief. 

Cov had a good game, he's more comfortable than Brown at commanding his area and coming out to catch, but has been the target of derision this season, as has Johnson despite only playing two halves in 5 league games.

If we don't jump out of the blocks against Rochdale or there's some early individual mistakes I hope the crowd doesn't slide into "after the lord mayors show" mode and start getting on their cases again like at Northampton.

It's a talented squad who I think would benefit from the confidence boost of us getting behind and staying behind them all season, in a similar way to the 'relationship' we had with the 12/13 promotion squad as they were playing without being paid. Cov in particular has had his confidence visibly knocked, if he's getting battered or jeered by the crowd he'll only make more mistakes. 

I just think the fans backing could earn us goals and points this season. It makes a difference, we were saying that all last year when there was no fans in to encourage them when a goal down with time left. 

Excellent post, Doha!

I have to say that DC reminds me so much of Mickey Adams , very prickly an interviewers nightmare and if you ask him a stupid question he will tell you , he did this with Phil bowers recently

But his passion his will to win is there just like mickey you just know he’s giving everything for us to be successful

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Just seen the highlights and I didnt realise that Rodney took the ball cleanly and it was a good challenge and not even a free kick.  I think I might need a trip to Specsavers as I thought at the time it was a poor challenge but their players got him booked but overall I thought he was one of the better referees.

1 hour ago, rayzer said:

The ref was ok, although at one free kick given to Vale he counted eight steps to put the wall and when he gave a free kick to FGR he counted eleven steps.

This always gets my goat, it’s supposed to be 10 yards away not 10 steps, to pace a yard with each step would resemble something from the ministry of funny walks.

I would guess 10 steps is no more than 7 yards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vale victory said:

I have to say that DC reminds me so much of Mickey Adams , very prickly an interviewers nightmare and if you ask him a stupid question he will tell you , he did this with Phil bowers recently

But his passion his will to win is there just like mickey you just know he’s giving everything for us to be successful

He can come across as a bit of a helmet at times, but he's our helmet. I'd rather listen to Darryll be prickly rather than listen to someone like Askey. Not that Askey ever said anything particularly wrong or anything, but he was so dull. Clarke is always worth listening to even if he can talk over people a lot.

• Like 2