Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Thought we‘d up our game today with a positive/improved performance so expected a closed game with a narrow  defeat. So over the moon with the result, we’ll done all, especially the travelling valiants 👍🏽

Wilson is a young Ron Futcher 🤩

He is a top footballer and the sort of quality we have craved for years. I hope Vale fans show him the love

The attitude shown in all the interviews from all the players is refreshing. The type of players we have/are recruiting is clear to see. They all seem to show an personal ambition to want to succeed.

Good times are ahead

UTV - enjoy the weekend

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sat in the front corner of the stand - great view.

The ifollow camera was above and behind SVA. So all you heard all game was vale giving their lot grief. And a lot of bald patches reflecting the sun.  Sort it Vale.

10 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Thought we‘d up our game today with a positive/improved performance so expected a closed game with a narrow  defeat. So over the moon with the result, we’ll done all, especially the travelling valiants 👍🏽

Just the kind of game we were always going to win I thought. I thought we would win comfortably but I wasn’t expecting that kind of performance to go with it. I guess what we were all expecting given the quality of the signings we have made. Perfect away performance. No negatives at all. I just hope we can follow it up 

• Like 1

Worth remembering too that we won today without Conlon, Legge and Gibbons starting. These have been or still are pretty big players for us. I know they were missing a few players too. But not many people would have given us much of a chance considering the form of both sides and the fact that we were without our best player along with Worrall.

Win next Saturday and suddenly the start to the season looks really good.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ValiantEffort said:

...The type of players we have/are recruiting is clear to see. They all seem to show an personal ambition to want to succeed.

Good times are ahead

UTV - enjoy the weekend

Consistently reported about most of the recruits - "he is hungry..."and not for food!

• Like 1

Afternoon started off badly after stewards refusing us access to go in their supporters club.  I have been in there a few times before, always seemed friendly and no problem and with no other pubs nearby, it meant a trip to the local convenience store to grab a couple of cans, first time resulted in having to do this since Canvey Island.

Today was a thoroughtly professional performance and throughout the team there was no weak link at all.  I could make a case for anyone getting man of the match but special mention to Garrity and Proctor who were superb.  I have to admit I was underwhelmed when hearing of Garrity's signing but happy to be proved wrong, he was excellent and what energy levels he has.  Proctor led the line superbly and him and Wilson proved what a good partnership they can be. 

Myself I still would like to see that further forward brought in despite today's result, I still feel you need 4 recognised forwards incase of injuries and then having Bailey as back up.  

I think that there is a misunderstanding  that some think anyone a bit suspicious of DC and the project are anti Vale. I'm totally happy to be proved wrong. 

Think the fact that we kept the ball better in MF did help in getting Wozzer further up the pitch today.  

With Gibbo and Conlon coming back DC has a nice problem.

Could not fault the the back five today. Threw their bodies on the line and some decent distribution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Bit more analysis and we have only conceded in 12 of those 23 games.

48% of the games he has managed us in the league we have kept a clean sheet. 60% so far this season.

We have only conceded 16 goals in those 23 games.

But he doesn’t let George Andrew’s finish his sentences in interviews so we should probably burn him at the stake 🙄

Manners make the man. Great result today, but he could do better interviews. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

George does waffle with his questions though but I agree that DC is edgy with his answers.

Based on everything, I quite like DC he works hard, thinks about the game and the current team seem to respond to him.

Top Man!

8 hours ago, valeparklife said:
9 hours ago, Doha said:
Where's Rampant Zebra? 

He will be absolutely fuming tonight.

Why would I? Port Vale won so the San Miguel went down well. I am happy that we won but it still doesn't make me like DC as a manager.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

League table if games were decided on xG… shows we are creating more and better chances than the teams we are playing.

Overly defensive my @rse. 

Well played DC.

8D21F9CE-B2B6-4CB9-9305-64D40EE5EC9C.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1