Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

35 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

As we were clapping them off I noticed that horrible nasty bloke Clarke, you know the one who nobody wants to sign for because he's so vile. 

He got Garrity round the head in a one on one a bit like he did with Manny after the Chesterfield friendly. Clearly telling Garrity how good he'd been and a personal man management. 

Apparently he's a terrible bloke though 🎣🎣🎣

As I was walking in on the terrace I overheard some old fella say to his mate "bloody negative again" about the line up. 

This result just papers over the cracks, CLARKE OUT NOW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My second visit there .

The extra 2 quid for the covered terrace was peculiar. Obviously it was a lovely day but I fail to see any shelter from the elements under there !

The seats were a weird construction too , was the view decent for anyone who went in there ? 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

My second visit there .

The extra 2 quid for the covered terrace was peculiar. Obviously it was a lovely day but I fail to see any shelter from the elements under there !

The seats were a weird construction too , was the view decent for anyone who went in there ? 

Sat in the front corner of the stand - great view.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

As we were clapping them off I noticed that horrible nasty bloke Clarke, you know the one who nobody wants to sign for because he's so vile. 

He got Garrity round the head in a one on one a bit like he did with Manny after the Chesterfield friendly. Clearly telling Garrity how good he'd been and a personal man management. 

Apparently he's a terrible bloke though 🎣🎣🎣

Spot on! He mostly shields his players from negative comments, when things weren't going so well - but he's never short of praise, either!

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game today. What a fantastic win though! The matrix is starting to fire 😁

I think that shows it has to be Proctor to start and Wilson or Rodney up top with him. If I was DC I’d look at a targetman type striker to bring in, in case Proctor picks up a knock.  

From reports (and looking at the highlights) Garrity seems to be getting better with each game and could be a real find. Interesting dilemma as to how Conlon fits in now.

Just bloody brilliant to get that first win! Onwards and forwards. UTV. 

Absolutely solid as a rock at the back, game after game, even with changes line ups. The starters are organised and unbreakable and there’s a team of defenders injured / on the bench that are good enough for any team in this league. The recruitment has been phenomenal and the attacking shoots are starting to sprout as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

DC has only lost 7 of his 23 league games… 3 of those were against the teams who got promoted last year and one was a dead rubber at the end of the season.

He has certainly made us harder to beat and that’s a good platform to build on.

Bit more analysis and we have only conceded in 12 of those 23 games.

48% of the games he has managed us in the league we have kept a clean sheet. 60% so far this season.

We have only conceded 16 goals in those 23 games.

But he doesn’t let George Andrew’s finish his sentences in interviews so we should probably burn him at the stake 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3