Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

Who was the last vale player to get a hat trick...feels like it must have been a while?

Pope v Cheltenham I think. Not sure in the league tho, that feels much longer ago. Have we had any since 12/13?

2 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Oh God, don't bring that up - 4-0 up at half-time, then a disallowed 5th, then I went out for run...

....came in, wife number two; 'She-who-Wiggles' says 'you're not going to like this....'

Points-with-Bone

😂😂😁👌

5 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Oh God, don't bring that up - 4-0 up at half-time, then a disallowed 5th, then I went out for run...

....came in, wife number two; 'She-who-Wiggles' says 'you're not going to like this....'

Points-with-Bone

Clearly not familiar with the phrase “NEVER go out for a run when your team is 4-0 up”.  I was there that day and wondered what had happened to bring this terrible fortune upon us.  At least now I know.

• Like 1

Just goes to show DC has the balls to drop players even after good games and fan favourites. We have a strong, deep squad now so if you’re not up to it one week, you’ll have to earn it off the bench. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Pope v Cheltenham I think. Not sure in the league tho, that feels much longer ago. Have we had any since 12/13?

Probably Pope against Cheltenham.  He seemed to like playing against them.  Or could have been Hughes against Burton.

Edited by Quebec_Valiant

4 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Clearly not familiar with the phrase “NEVER go out for a run when your team is 4-0 up”.  I was there that day and wondered what had happened to bring this terrible fortune upon us.  At least now I know.

At least, after that game, we never get over-excited too early, count our chickens before they hatch, start celebrating before the fat lady sings, join the people on the pitch who think it's all over, throw our hats in the air before the final whistle sounds etc

Points-with-Bone

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

Just goes to show DC has the balls to drop players even after good games and fan favourites. We have a strong, deep squad now so if you’re not up to it one week, you’ll have to earn it off the bench. 

I think it's more like "rotate" than "drop", as Cass seemed to have done well in his last game? But, the loss of Legge has made DC re-assess his defence...I don't think it's any more than that?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

At least, after that game, we never get over-excited too early, count our chickens before they hatch, start celebrating before the fat lady sings, join the people on the pitch who think it's all over, throw our hats in the air before the final whistle sounds etc

Points-with-Bone

Yes, we have all been scared for life by that experience.

I expect it may go beyond our lives as we pass this paranoia on to future generations.

Edited by Quebec_Valiant