Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

A third before the 60th minute would be rather nice. Got some lovely options on the bench in Rodney, Amoo and Politic to hit them on the break and kill the game off.

Well, well well can't fault that half. The press and tracking is there, we have a midfield, the workrate as a team is thru the roof and the system is working, FG are deeply confused lol great first half, keep going lads. UTV

• Like 1

Really impressed with our passing and ball retention so far. It is a complete contrast to last week.  Look well drilled, organised and comfortable. Everyone is working hard, even Wilson is chasing balls as hard as he can. Very satisfied with this in all departments. 

• Like 4

To think a few were writing him off a couple of weeks ago after one game.
I don't know who, but I've been impressed every time I've seen him. Makes you wonder what Oldham fans were watching
  • Like 1

I’ve said for a while Rodney is not a centre-forward, he’s a wide attacker best suited to a three. Proctor and Wilson has always seemed a more natural fit. Interesting to see how this half pans out, need to avoid an early FGR goal.

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, Beech said:

To think a few were writing him off a couple of weeks ago after one game.

I don't know who, but I've been impressed every time I've seen him. Makes you wonder what Oldham fans were watching

Think they played him as a defensive midfielder while he is an attacking player so it's not surprising. Comes over as a likeable intelligent lad who is clearly intent on taking his chance. Let's hope we've unearthed a gem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

For those of us who witnessed the QPR match, odds mean nothing at half timeemoji2.png

Oh God, don't bring that up - 4-0 up at half-time, then a disallowed 5th, then I went out for run...

....came in, wife number two; 'She-who-Wiggles' says 'you're not going to like this....'

Points-with-Bone