onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

I have to say that DC reminds me so much of Mickey Adams , very prickly an interviewers nightmare and if you ask him a stupid question he will tell you , he did this with Phil bowers recently

But his passion his will to win is there just like mickey you just know he’s giving everything for us to be successful

Advert

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Just watched the highlights.  What on earth was Rodney booked for?  He got to the ball, put it into touch and the guy dived over his leg.  Watch the reaction of the fans right next to it - not a murmur.

Just seen the highlights and I didnt realise that Rodney took the ball cleanly and it was a good challenge and not even a free kick.  I think I might need a trip to Specsavers as I thought at the time it was a poor challenge but their players got him booked but overall I thought he was one of the better referees.

1 hour ago, rayzer said:

The ref was ok, although at one free kick given to Vale he counted eight steps to put the wall and when he gave a free kick to FGR he counted eleven steps.

This always gets my goat, it’s supposed to be 10 yards away not 10 steps, to pace a yard with each step would resemble something from the ministry of funny walks.

I would guess 10 steps is no more than 7 yards.

3 hours ago, vale victory said:

I have to say that DC reminds me so much of Mickey Adams , very prickly an interviewers nightmare and if you ask him a stupid question he will tell you , he did this with Phil bowers recently

But his passion his will to win is there just like mickey you just know he’s giving everything for us to be successful

He can come across as a bit of a helmet at times, but he's our helmet. I'd rather listen to Darryll be prickly rather than listen to someone like Askey. Not that Askey ever said anything particularly wrong or anything, but he was so dull. Clarke is always worth listening to even if he can talk over people a lot.

3 hours ago, 1 said:

Where the fig jiggins are Walker, Pett, Conlon and Garrity going to play once all fit? Maybe Garrity will end up being a bit part player but he’s played really well in the last 2.

Play like he has in the last two games and it's more a question of Conlon, Garrity and who else for the midfield three.

Really feels like the new players are beginning to settle after watching that performance.

You can tell Covalan has had a sit down, looked a lot more settled and less of a fright when the ball came back to him. His distribution still needs a lot of work, but positives are that he is really good at coming out and claiming the ball.

Martin came in and did the Legge roll well, didn't put a foot wrong. Feels like it had a calming affect on the rest of the back line, Smith's best game this season too.

Front two were quality, just need a goal for Wilson and it feels like they could really kick on as a partnership.

Special shout out to Garrity, he's had his critics for his quality, but there's no doubting his ability to harry and affect the performance of the FGR midfielders and defenders. We've got three L2 Rolls Royce midfielders in Walker, Pett and Conlon...maybe what they need is a jack russell like Garrity to complement them?

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Really feels like the new players are beginning to settle after watching that performance.

You can tell Covalan has had a sit down, looked a lot more settled and less of a fright when the ball came back to him. His distribution still needs a lot of work, but positives are that he is really good at coming out and claiming the ball.

Martin came in and did the Legge roll well, didn't put a foot wrong. Feels like it had a calming affect on the rest of the back line, Smith's best game this season too.

Front two were quality, just need a goal for Wilson and it feels like they could really kick on as a partnership.

Special shout out to Garrity, he's had his critics for his quality, but there's no doubting his ability to harry and affect the performance of the FGR midfielders and defenders. We've got three L2 Rolls Royce midfielders in Walker, Pett and Conlon...maybe what they need is a jack russell like Garrity to complement them?

Just watched the extended hi-lights, Forrest green were ok, Wow but SUPER VALE AWAY, keep believing our golden year, up the Vale 👍💯%

That seems like a very important win and performance. Going to a team that have started the season like a train and being the better team without ever looking in danger of conceding.

With Legge out I was fearing the worst but the defence continues to pick up clean sheets.

Are Wilson and Proctor a winning combination? With Rodney off the bench to run at tired defences I'm hopeful we'll get enough goals for a promotion tilt.

45 minutes ago, Wrex said:

That seems like a very important win and performance. Going to a team that have started the season like a train and being the better team without ever looking in danger of conceding.

With Legge out I was fearing the worst but the defence continues to pick up clean sheets.

Are Wilson and Proctor a winning combination? With Rodney off the bench to run at tired defences I'm hopeful we'll get enough goals for a promotion tilt.

I think Martin is as good as Legge. If not, then not far off. There's also Cass who seems to be a really good young player and can do a job wherever you put him in the backline. 

We've shown we can win games without Conlon, who is our most important player arguably along with Worrall. I think we're covered in most positions now to be able to deal with injuries and suspensions without having a big drop off in quality. I do worry if one of our strikers got injured but Clarke knows as well as we do that we're still a bit short in that area.

On 23/08/2021 at 12:04, rob1983 said:

We'll lose this game and if we don't get a win against Rochdale then the pressure will be on Clarke and 'the process'.

I must admit, I thought about this post at full time on Saturday and I'm glad it came back to bite you on the backside. The perfect example of an unnecessary knee-jerk reaction. 

You could see from the Tranmere and Carlisle game (and 2nd half of Stevenage) that a win was coming and we've looked progressively better without our star player and by the time he came on in the 74th minute the game was won.

A big result to kick on from and unbeaten in 4. Solid.

Archived