onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

15 hours ago, Doha said:

Keeper had a shocker for the second. How Garrity didn’t score a third I don’t know. 

Proctor and Wilson are both superb in their hold up play.

How flat and long was the throw from Jones to set garrity on his way 🙂 it’s such a great weapon for us. 

58 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

This is the thing. Dominating possession is about as worthless a stat as you can get for me. Remember Morecambe away last season where they set up to allow us to keep the ball in non-threatening areas knowing that slow tempo was playing right into their hands and won the game without us even coming close to scoring. 

Leicester won the Prem with an average possession figure of about 35%. 

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I know this is the wrong thread so I apologise. 

Mass brawl at Shrewsbury, 3 sent off, sub keeper pinned assistant manager to the floor.

Who was the referee ?

The utter twonk from the Sunderland game. Not like him to lose control of a game 🤣

And so do I but did you see the penalty awarded for Scunthorpe against Tranmere by non other than Trevor Kettle........Wow

1 hour ago, Beech said:

I'd only worry about our low possession in most games if we weren't having shots on goal. But that's not the case, and we could easily have a handful of more goals than we currently do. More than happy for the other team to <ovf censored> around with it if it's not in areas that can hurt us.

That’s exactly what Derek Adams said after that dreadful performance at Morecambe where we had virtually all the possession and ended up losing. This season looks as if it may be different as we’re starting to hurt teams with relatively little possession. The Xgoals table shows that if we can put our chances away we will be formidable because we’re like a crab’s bottom defensively.

Next Saturday is going to be interesting because we play Rochdale, a team that looks similar to us because they’re second in the Xgoals table but have only won one and average just one goal per game.

Going to be an interesting match!

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I know this is the wrong thread so I apologise. 

Mass brawl at Shrewsbury, 3 sent off, sub keeper pinned assistant manager to the floor.

Who was the referee ?

The utter twonk from the Sunderland game. Not like him to lose control of a game 🤣

3 hours ago, Beech said:

While it would be nice to see us keep possession better at times than we seem to, I'm sure that will come, but it's not the be all and end all. Tranmere had 70% possession yesterday away from home in a game they ended up losing, and they had one shot on target all game. I'd rather give the ball away at times but still create chances than to pass, pass, pass along the backline and in midfield without any purpose.

Forest Green knocked the ball around nicely at times but they were absolutely toothless with it.

FGR had 65% possession yesterday according to the stats. Vale had less possession but it was with purpose and flair. It’s pointless tapping it around in the first third of the pitch if there’s no outlet unless of course you’re in front and running down the clock. 

Archived