onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

There away ends holds about 1000 so I should imagine Vale have had about 400 tickets ,very sensible that as all tickets you do not sell you have pay for .

It's coming up straight forwards m6 M5 drive 2 hrs and 1 minute its coming up  on my Google maps as ,heading that way on holiday sat shame I couldn't pop in watch the game before continuing my journey to Cornwall but with going st 3 a.m I'll just want get to my location and get away from traffic .

Hopefully we raise our game we playing top of the  league what more incentive do we need make headlines for all the right reasons come 17.00 sat the 28th of August .

Maybe try Amoo up front with Bailey I certainly liked what I saw v Sunderland LIVE when they entered the fray to aid Proctor .

I think the whole week no game under Clarke is going to reap many rewards as season goes on as in my opinion (I've got plenty lol )we have finished the stronger side in every game thus far I wouldn't be surprised to see Vale score a few but the most important thing is we do not sit deep and do not do  what we did so badly v Stevenage first half we need to take the second halfs of games and demand that we do that level of application ,ball possession as the stats clearly state that two most recent games at half times the possession stats favour the other team considerably but by the end of the game we have swung the stats pleasingly back to a more acceptable level not wholly but better to make a game of it so I want the same level of performance both halfs then the wins will be forthcoming .

Enjoy the game .

UTV 

Enjoy your holiday 👍

Advert

8 hours ago, Doha said:

ffs

May be an image of text that says "No half-time meat pie Dale Vince, a vegan entrepreneur who owns the League Two football club Forest Green Rovers, is trying to persuade fans to give up meat by displaying on pitchside electronic hoardings the running total of animals slaughtered since kick-off During one game this month the screens stated that 35,400 chickens and 1,172 pigs had died."

Not a problem.  Take a couple of cooked sausages with you and ram them, Desperate Dan style, through the lid of the pie, then puff your chest out before walking triumphantly back into the terraces. 🏆

The only slight downside being that you may have to secrete the sausages in a bodily cavity to evade the Vegan Police when entering the ground. 😬

anyone heard anything from the club about the injury statuses of gibbons, taylor, legge and conlon? hopefully conlon is back for the weekend. i’m a little worried about the legge one as nothing has come out from the club. hopefully taylor can provide a bit of a goal threat from midfield too 

9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

There away ends holds about 1000 so I should imagine Vale have had about 400 tickets ,very sensible that as all tickets you do not sell you have pay for .

It's coming up straight forwards m6 M5 drive 2 hrs and 1 minute its coming up  on my Google maps as ,heading that way on holiday sat shame I couldn't pop in watch the game before continuing my journey to Cornwall but with going st 3 a.m I'll just want get to my location and get away from traffic .

Hopefully we raise our game we playing top of the  league what more incentive do we need make headlines for all the right reasons come 17.00 sat the 28th of August .

Maybe try Amoo up front with Bailey I certainly liked what I saw v Sunderland LIVE when they entered the fray to aid Proctor .

I think the whole week no game under Clarke is going to reap many rewards as season goes on as in my opinion (I've got plenty lol )we have finished the stronger side in every game thus far I wouldn't be surprised to see Vale score a few but the most important thing is we do not sit deep and do not do  what we did so badly v Stevenage first half we need to take the second halfs of games and demand that we do that level of application ,ball possession as the stats clearly state that two most recent games at half times the possession stats favour the other team considerably but by the end of the game we have swung the stats pleasingly back to a more acceptable level not wholly but better to make a game of it so I want the same level of performance both halfs then the wins will be forthcoming .

Enjoy the game .

UTV 

VPN mate, I’ll say no more

34 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I doubt any of conlon legge gibbons or Taylor will be available for section for this game.

Gibbons played in the friendly yesterday. Maybe an outside chance of the mech saturday? Taylor didn’t feature in it. 

18 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

Anyone know why you can't buy Ifollow to watch the game? I'm away at a music festival but wanted to watch the match.

It's been in the FA/FL rules since the 60's that there's a UK wide blackout on live TV coverage of games at 3pm on a Saturday. The aim was to prevent any detrimental loss of attendances at the matches. 

That's brought around the rise in games being broadcast on other days of the week (e.g. Sundays and midweek). 

It doesn't apply to non-UK viewers (as the logic is that you can't easily get to a game from abroad) so anyone outside of the UK can see the game by paying for iFollow.

To me, it's a very out of date rule which seems to presume that all UK fans are within easy travelling distance of a game.

Arguably it's as tricky to travel to a game from say, Orkney, as it is from say the French coast but while one of those can see the game, the other is blocked from doing so.

Similarly if you're at a festival, you're not going to be able to get to the game in person but sadly due to the rules you won't legally be able to watch it. 

I personally think if you can't get to the game, wherever you live, then it's better for the club that they get some income from you watching on iFollow than getting no income from you because you can't buy a pass. 

(the 3pm rule was suspended last season as no-one could get to a game due to the lockdown but is back in place this season)

16 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Gibbons played in the friendly yesterday. Maybe an outside chance of the mech saturday? Taylor didn’t feature in it. 

I was a bit concerned by Taylors absence with the friendly. I expected him to take part given DC had said before he was running. I hope DC is pushed on it at his conference, it really would be nice to understand what is the situation is.

It's a real shame because I think Taylor would be a real asset playing in further forward in the Garrett role plus we really don't seem to have any completion in that area of the pitch with Conlon out injured too.

Archived