onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

It looks daunting but are a couple of potential reasons for hope.

Whilst they have been scoring for fun they do give away chances and goals, so if we can be a bit more ruthless and defend stoutly we have a chance, hopefully Brentford have them chasing around for 90 minutes tomorrow as well.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result in terms of the fixture but we ideally need to start getting a win under our belts or we will end up having a lot more to do.

Generally though Vale v FGR ends 1-1 more often than not (4 times in 8 meetings) and think this may be the case again.

Sutton, Walsall, Rochdale, Crawley = all likely to finish in the bottom half

Northampton, Stevenage, Tranmere, Carlisle = all likely to finish in the top half (maybe NT drop down to 13-)

They have had a much easier start.

We’ve conceded on average of 0.5 goals a game in the league.

Not lost a game with 11 players on the pitch.

This is a tough month of fixtures, fans were saying that before the season started and that’s the way it’s turned out. But we all play every team twice, the table will turn and it’s early days.

Slow burners ready to grow in confidence and quality.

0-2

I'd love us to go 4-3-3.

Covolan

Cass Smith Martin Jones

Pett Walker Garrity/Conlon

Wozza Wilson Rodney

The big thing for me is having energy high up the pitch. When we've done that before, we've shaken FGR. Rodney and Woz terrified them at times. I'd stick with Wilson for now. Our biggest hope of getting the goals we need is him finding some form. Askey went through a phase of chopping and changing forwards and it didn't help any of them. 

1 minute ago, Moz said:

I'd love us to go 4-3-3.

Covolan

Cass Smith Martin Jones

Wozza Wilson Rodney

The big thing for me is having energy high up the pitch. When we've done that before, we've shaken FGR. Rodney and Woz terrified them at times. I'd stick with Wilson for now. Our biggest hope of getting the goals we need is him finding some form. Askey went through a phase of chopping and changing forwards and it didn't help any of them. 

I'd tend to agree but I doubt Conlon will be back in time unfortunately. Sprained ankle, saw him in the stands on Saturday wearing a boot. He got up the steps fine but I'd be surprised (and pleased) if he's back before Rochdale. 

I'd love us to go 4-3-3.
Covolan
Cass Smith Martin Jones
Wozza Wilson Rodney
Agree with the principle and the 11 but as we've seen all too often when we play 433 it generally becomes 451 and the lone central striker becomes very isolated. Think we have to have 2 up top at all times with the strikers we have

Got my ticket today for the 118 mile trip from South Devon!

Could not watch the match on Saturday but it seems like we were overrun in the first half. Good response after the change in the second half.

So far I have seen two matches and listened to one commentary.

Early days yet and I feel that there is more to come. 

Would go 4-4-2 for this game . Team selection dependent on fitness/ availability but I wouldn’t start with Wilson. Lacks confidence and thrust, despite his technical ability. Looking for more creativity and guile. Opening games have been tough but we might hold our own on Saturday!

VTID

I'd love us to go 4-3-3.
Covolan
Cass Smith Martin Jones
Wozza Wilson Rodney
I'd go with this as well. Give Wilson a few games. Its not fair to play him for 60/70, drag him off, drop him and then bring him back.
Pick a striker and back him for a few weeks.

Nice and positive i hope the players do not come on here and read this negativity on here and if i was going i wouldnt want be reading this either 

In my opinion apart from first half sat we have had the better chances v Northampton i mean a yard out and missing had a player sent off also they only won because we switched off at a set piece but lad finished well ,v Tranmere  i mean Worralls put it on a plate for Wilson and he may as well have passed it to the keeper pick a corner 1 up then Worralls hit the post it could have run back to one of our players for a tap in v Carlisle if Wozzas faster he as 2 goals credit to the defender and the  shot from Amoo may have gone in on another day plus Garritys headed over when he should be netting and from a corner Walker should be scoring if he picks his spot it hits a defender and doesnt go in then sat second half some of the  chances missed i could have  scored them and i do not do running its a waste of energy .

So stop with the negativity a away win is incoming as the ball is eventually  going run for us but doesnt help when highly rated player can not score very presentable chances.

14 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Nice and positive i hope the players do not come on here and read this negativity on here and if i was going i wouldnt want be reading this either 

In my opinion apart from first half sat we have had the better chances v Northampton i mean a yard out and missing had a player sent off also they only won because we switched off at a set piece but lad finished well ,v Tranmere  i mean Worralls put it on a plate for Wilson and he may as well have passed it to the keeper pick a corner 1 up then Worralls hit the post it could have run back to one of our players for a tap in v Carlisle if Wozzas faster he as 2 goals credit to the defender and the  shot from Amoo may have gone in on another day plus Garritys headed over when he should be netting and from a corner Walker should be scoring if he picks his spot it hits a defender and doesnt go in then sat second half some of the  chances missed i could have  scored them and i do not do running its a waste of energy .

So stop with the negativity a away win is incoming as the ball is eventually  going run for us but doesnt help when highly rated player can not score very presentable chances.

Oh dear. Do I get the impression Wilson grew up a Stoke fan?

4 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Oh dear. Do I get the impression Wilson grew up a Stoke fan?

No he was a man utd fan no impression couldn't care less who he supports his job is to score maybe he was he needs to improve ten fold if he ain't scoring he should be assisting we need more in order not be with the dead men near the bottom I'd say most fans would agree with me there 

UTV 

No he was a man utd fan no impression couldn't care less who he supports his job is to score maybe he was he needs to improve ten fold if he ain't scoring he should be assisting we need more in order not be with the dead men near the bottom I'd say most fans would agree with me there 
UTV 
To be fair, we've only got 2 assists this season. Worrall hasn't got any either, nor has he scored so it's unfair to single out Wilson for this, particularly given Worralls had the better chances to score

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:

To be fair, we've only got 2 assists this season. Worrall hasn't got any either, nor has he scored so it's unfair to single out Wilson for this, particularly given Worralls had the better chances to score

Agreed 👍lets hope we start netting soon UTV our second half displays tell me we are not far  away from being a successful winning side let's hope that the case but will only be if first half efforts improve significantly 

Archived