onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

A visit to FGR whose 12 points from 4 games puts them top of League 2. But not a game we lost last season unlike the games where we have managed 3 draws  up to now, so only a win will be an improvement in points from last season.  They have scored 13 goals to our 1, but have conceded 6 to our 2, are we due a change of fortune? Carry on with the 2nd half team and a dramatic cameo from Politic? Cannot really expect any striker signing this week to be match fit, so a draw would be acceptable.

Advert

They are a very good side so any repeat of first half no show from Vale like yesterday  and it be game over by half time .

Second half was very good repeat it over 90 mins and we have a great opportunity to win but what a odd side we are up to yet this season. 

Choose 11 up for it players cannot afford carry anyone no matter how highly rated they allegedly are 

12 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

They are a very good side so any repeat of first half no show from Vale like yesterday  and it be game over by half time .

Second half was very good repeat it over 90 mins and we have a great opportunity to win but what a odd side we are up to yet this season. 

Choose 11 up for it players cannot afford carry anyone no matter how highly rated they allegedly are 

Honestly mate I don't think it was a case of not up for it. They tried and made challenges.

Just failed in the basics of the game, passing, first touch, hold up play. Literally everything was wrong but effort wasn't lacking just any semblance of skill or control. 

Just now, darren1810 said:

Honestly mate I don't think it was a case of not up for it. They tried and made challenges.

Just failed in the basics of the game, passing, first touch, hold up play. Literally everything was wrong but effort wasn't lacking just any semblance of skill or control. 

I can only go on the highlights I saw they were running onto us and getting shots away too easily for my liking , the back players were not blocking anything and midfield were just being ran past all the time it was extremely good play on Stevenages part but us come on that's horrific on another day 4-1 down at the break with shows like that not impressed .

The change at half time helped us no end I believe and then we should have won 4-1 what a odd team up to yet .

I'll keep the faith do not expect see a poor a performance first half repeated again all season.

WITH so many defensive minded players how the  hell are have they got so many shots away first half it was ridiculously poor on our part .

6 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I can only go on the highlights I saw they were running onto us and getting shots away too easily for my liking , the back players were not blocking anything and midfield were just being ran past all the time it was extremely good play on Stevenages part but us come on that's horrific on another day 4-1 down at the break with shows like that not impressed .

The change at half time helped us no end I believe and then we should have won 4-1 what a odd team up to yet .

I'll keep the faith do not expect see a poor a performance first half repeated again all season.

WITH so many defensive minded players how the  hell are have they got so many shots away first half it was ridiculously poor on our part .

You are right with everything you say . 

But I do maintain it wasn't lack of effort. It was a collective bar Jones ,Cass and Covolan bar his idiotic moment that the rest of the team couldn't pass wind never mind a football. 

Worrall position didn't help because he was a square peg in a round hole and we were overrun . 

They have to be on it at FGR or we could get a pasting .

It's become a very important game , as they all are , but this is a huge test . Let's see what we are made of. 

Going to be a very difficult challenge and will be doubly hard if we repeat the first half performance from yesterday. I’m hoping DC tears a strip off those in that wall on their goal tomorrow morning as well, can’t be having that.

I think though there is one big thing in our favour and that is they have to travel to Brentford midweek for a cup game whereas we have the full week to prepare for this so I am hoping we are at it from the opening minute.

Hopefully Conlon is available and who knows if Gibbo (and I’m assuming Jake Taylor whatever is going on there) come through this behind closed doors game maybe they come into contention.

This looks a tricky game, and FGR are a decent side, but their fixtures so far have looked easier than ours on paper, and they have a big cup game midweek which could takes its toll. We have a decent record against these so I'm hoping for at least a point on Saturday.

I doubt Conlon will play, and I hope that we don't rush him back too soon. Time for Politic to start?- maybe more chance of him being a super sub. Covolan to keep his place, as if he cuts out the fancy football, then hes a decent keeper. Proctor to start please, and four at the back.

4 hours ago, ginge said:

Covolan

Cass

Smith

Martin

Jones

Worrall

Pett

Walker

Amoo

Proctor

Rodney

If fit Conlon starts in the middle. Would like to see Politic come on too. Would like us to go four at the back whoever the personnel.

We just got over run with 2 central midfielders 442 doesn’t work for us , only for 20 minutes against Sunderland 2nd team 

Ain't seen the game yesterday what happened to L legge ?

Team well who knows depends who's fit and available .

Garrity played his way back in and Martin has shown he is a able deputy for Leon if he isn't going make it .

This is my team 

Covalan

Cass Smith Martin Jones 

Pett Walker Garrity 

Worrall   Proctor  Benning 

I'd go with that think Jones is good enough play in a four I'd tell Benning stay wide left Proctor to bring others into the game and Worrall to score after a lovely ball in from Benning after Jones sends him scurrying down the line .

Think that side would cause havoc and play as a team my opinion do not expect others to agree can always bring Rodney and Wilson on once the game is won 

UTV 

I reckon another 532 formation against these. I’d take a point right now.

However, and I know it won’t be against FGR but I really want us to play the new signing ‘Politic’. He looks and comments suggest that he could be quite exciting.

I’d love us to really take the game to Rochdale when we play them in a couple of weeks. I think the Rochdale game is where we really should be looking for 3 points. I want to see us play a more attack minded team. Not just against Rochdale but when we play at home generally. Get some wingers on but actually playing as wingers. A bit premature as we aren’t playing Rochdale for 2 weeks but a 433 for me. Take the game to the opposition at home. Give the fans something to get excited about!

Really fancy us to win this for some reason. I just think we will kickstart our season against these. I think it will be the game the new players really show their class. 

3-1. Don’t know why I think this but I’m confident of a win here even though they’re probably one of the strongest sides in the league. 

10 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

We just got over run with 2 central midfielders 442 doesn’t work for us , only for 20 minutes against Sunderland 2nd team 

Well then we go back to what I prefer which is 4 3 3 which Clarke heavily criticised Askey for playing every game.

38 minutes ago, ginge said:

Well then we go back to what I prefer which is 4 3 3 which Clarke heavily criticised Askey for playing every game.

He actually didn’t criticise the system. He criticised the fact that the squad was built around only being able to play 4-3-3

Archived