onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Sentinel is a Joke

ELDERBEZZA

8 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Thinks it’s time all us vale fans(and there are a lot !!!) woke up smelt the coffee and stopped listening to radio Stojke on a match day. I stopped listening  to the dross they served up years ago. They’ll never admit it but it’s blatantly obvious that there’s total media bias towards the stripies down the road. Our supposedly rich neighbours Who since the early 1950’s have been beaten more times by the mighty Vale !!!!! 

Agree don’t tune in and listen to the sh-t about Stoke and don’t ring in on P&G 

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2021 at 09:35, Wrex said:

Looks like it's not a temporary thing. Two Vale stories so far this week, NINE on Stoke from the last 24 hours!

I've just done a count. I can't speak for the newspaper coverage, but as for the website... there's been 16 Stoke articles published since Monday morning and two Vale ones.

I know there's always going to be more of an emphasis on Stoke as the higher placed club with an historically larger fanbase, but it's getting ridiculous!

With the success of Ale and Vale and the talk on their thread about an OVF-hosted P&G-style phone-in after games, it makes sense that we try and take control of the media around the club when the Sentinel have clearly given up and Radio Stoke continue to disappoint.

I've got no issue with Stoke getting the greater share of the pie; they have more fans, and therefore more listeners/readers, but the days of one newspaper and one radio station monopolising coverage of local football teams is over with the rise of the internet. 

Podcasts, OVF phone-ins, in-house writing, even a Youtube Channel wouldn't be particularly difficult to set up (although wise to avoid the Arsenal Fan TV style format). All depends on the motivation of the fanbase. You could even coordinate a few things under an umbrella of outfits (Ale & Vale, writing, phone-ins) to give a balanced, varied output throughout the week and monetise it for those involved via advertising. 

On a similar note; I feel harsh saying it but the social media output from the club continues to disappoint. The Super Vale Away videos have gone (Elliot Barnard not involved?), no pre-match video preview, mistakes with lineups like on Saturday. We were blessed with Max but the man shouldn't be irreplaceable, but it feels its all gone wrong since he left. 

It sounds daft as there's no financial comparison but when you compare the level of access fans get in other sports (NFL) to what football fans get, its pitiful. Expertly produced documentaries detailing pre-season/training/behind the scenes, interviews/games with players. I'm not saying we'd ever match that level but surely something to work towards?

On 28/08/2021 at 09:14, Howjy04 said:

I gave up with The Sentinel online long ago.Two hours to read one page is not a useful use of time in my opinion.🙄

Why instead don't you buy a copy and help keep local newspapers afloat? If The Sentinel continue to lose readers then all we've got left is Radio Stoke. God help us then. So for less than £1, buy a copy, you might not like it all, as I don't, but it's better than nothing.

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

On a similar note; I feel harsh saying it but the social media output from the club continues to disappoint. The Super Vale Away videos have gone (Elliot Barnard not involved?), no pre-match video preview, mistakes with lineups like on Saturday. We were blessed with Max but the man shouldn't be irreplaceable, but it feels its all gone wrong since he left. 

I think it's fair to say that with Max we were getting a Ferrari for the price of a Fiesta. Some of the content/output during his period at the club was simply stunning for a young guy in his first proper role. 

Archived