onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Sentinel is a Joke

ELDERBEZZA

Advert

It's not been reported in the Sentinel that we've signed Dennis Politic.

It's a sad decline of local news reporting. There have been massive cutbacks in the company that owns The Sentinel. Lots of non-local clickbait articles, much less local scrutiny.

I remember the days when both BBC Sport and the Sentinel had daily stories on the Vale. Long gone now. You don't know what you have until it's gone.

The Sentinel is one of many regional/local papers bought up by media conglomerate groups and through cost savings and streamlining turned into a vehicle for mass produced syndicated news from a single source. Radio stations are the same.

Mike now has to cover Chester FC too, which I think started last year when they announced loads of redundancies and downsizing. Hence Tideswell leaving and joining Synectics. 

Mike might be off ill, or on holiday. The lack of coverage will be the Sentinels fault in failing to allocate someone to cover him, not his. 

I think changes to the parent company Reach PLC means there is no dedicated Port Vale coverage - I think Mike now covers several sides now. It's a pity because previously he has given the Vale excellent coverage for many years now.

I do agree on the amount of adverts on the articles. I would hope that OVF's decision to cut our adverts means the posts on here are more legiible.

At the risk of sounding like a plug (because it is a plug) can I remind you all that the OVF homepage is a blog. I'm been putting up match previews, links to live match discussion, reports and reaction to all the games this season. 

They are not "professional" pieces but I try my best and I do try to cover most things coming out of the club. So do remember that OVF isn't just a forum and does have news coverage too.

If you are just viewing the forum you can see a feed of the latest OVF news articles in this forum section - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/forum/24-ovf-features-and-news/

If anyone wants to help out with the OVF blog do get in touch. It's a one man show right now but happy to take on ideas for future features, feature any Vale memorabiia you may have and any other help whether that be proof reading, photography or advice. Please drop me a private message.

17 minutes ago, Doha said:

The Sentinel is one of many regional/local papers bought up by media conglomerate groups and through cost savings and streamlining turned into a vehicle for mass produced syndicated news from a single source. Radio stations are the same.

Mike now has to cover Chester FC too, which I think started last year when they announced loads of redundancies and downsizing. Hence Tideswell leaving and joining Synectics. 

Mike might be off ill, or on holiday. The lack of coverage will be the Sentinels fault in failing to allocate someone to cover him, not his. 

what is the point of them being a local paper absolute rubbish coverage-no excuses😖

16 hours ago, Wrex said:

It's not been reported in the Sentinel that we've signed Dennis Politic.

It's a sad decline of local news reporting. There have been massive cutbacks in the company that owns The Sentinel. Lots of non-local clickbait articles, much less local scrutiny.

I remember the days when both BBC Sport and the Sentinel had daily stories on the Vale. Long gone now. You don't know what you have until it's gone.

There was an article on it in my Sentinel!

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, robf said:

I think changes to the parent company Reach PLC means there is no dedicated Port Vale coverage - I think Mike now covers several sides now. It's a pity because previously he has given the Vale excellent coverage for many years now.

I do agree on the amount of adverts on the articles. I would hope that OVF's decision to cut our adverts means the posts on here are more legiible.

At the risk of sounding like a plug (because it is a plug) can I remind you all that the OVF homepage is a blog. I'm been putting up match previews, links to live match discussion, reports and reaction to all the games this season. 

They are not "professional" pieces but I try my best and I do try to cover most things coming out of the club. So do remember that OVF isn't just a forum and does have news coverage too.

If you are just viewing the forum you can see a feed of the latest OVF news articles in this forum section - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/forum/24-ovf-features-and-news/

If anyone wants to help out with the OVF blog do get in touch. It's a one man show right now but happy to take on ideas for future features, feature any Vale memorabiia you may have and any other help whether that be proof reading, photography or advice. Please drop me a private message.

Dear Rob . You do wonderful  work for onevalefan. And I do appreciate it so much . Please keep up the good work . What kind of work do you want help with .Rob .

Archived