Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 hours ago, dishydave said:

We had also played 3 games more than the teams below us and won 3 games in about 20. There is no denying he turned us around drastically.

Overall he did a good job last season, perhaps the way players were released could have been done better but I don't think that harmed the club particularly so I'm not that arsed.

He's an experienced manager with a good track record so no matter what happens he should get the full season. We're four games in and I think we'll improve and finish somewhere in the top ten.

I'm just sick of hearing the "he saved us" line. Things were looking pretty bad before Aspin but still manageable. Both Askey and Clarke should have been shot if they couldn't keep us up when they did. I'm sick of hearing it.

10 hours ago, Wrex said:

...I'm just sick of hearing the "he saved us" line...

And I was sick of hearing "we're definitely relegated" and "Clary the Clown is taking us down" - from one o the numerous tossers on my ignored list! Oh yeah - and we finished higher than Walsall, who were higher in the League than us, when he left them!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LancyTony said:

And I was sick of hearing "we're definitely relegated" and "Clary the Clown is taking us down" - from one o the numerous tossers on my ignored list! Oh yeah - and we finished higher than Walsall, who were higher in the League than us, when he left them!

The clown guy is a weird Stoke fan, so don't worry about him