onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Your good self along with Tjh and RZ have been very anti DC from the off,very vocal when he came,very quiet during that 9 game spell last season and now vocal again....should we sack him? serious question,if so then i look forward to us turning into Salford and having 4 managers a season.

Today especially first half was a shocker but i really enjoyed the sunderland and tranmere games and to some extent the carlisle one when we created a lot of chances in all 3,just lacked that killer instinct imo

If you look at what I've said, I can't stand his BS and I've not believed a word of it since he arrived.

I don't want him sacked. I want him to succeed!!!!

I'd just like him to have some class and not treat us like idiots.

Advert

Don’t know why some people are hitting the panic button already. We’ve basically rebuilt our entire squad, it’s going to take time. There’s promising signs with our good defensive record, and we’ve played quite well and just been unlucky. And as others have said, it doesn’t help players to be abusing them in the ground.

10 minutes ago, Ron C said:

If you look at what I've said, I can't stand his BS and I've not believed a word of it since he arrived.

I don't want him sacked. I want him to succeed!!!!

I'd just like him to have some class and not treat us like idiots.

Personally I can see where you're coming from but I think you'll agree that most managers talk some BS, certainly when results haven't gone their way.  It's never their fault, and if you care to listen to the opposition manager after each of our games you'll certainly see that.  It's often like they watched a different game.

In Clarke's recent post match interviews he's been pretty spot on in his appraisal to be honest, but he's got a bit of that Micky Adams spikiness about him and he's not the easiest listen.  I think it's safe to say his predecessor, Askey, came over as a nice guy when interviewed and that always buys you a bit more good will with the fans.

I actually think Flitcroft comes over far worse in terms of sounding like he's spouting BS, almost David Brent like waffle.

Not sure where claims of 343 first half today are coming from.

It was almost 45 mins of 532/541. I know this because the 5 were a straight line about 10 yards off the touch line for three quarters of an hour having to withstand attack after attack after attack. Aimlessly hoof it clear, falls to a red shirt in the overrun midfield, new attack builds rapidly. It was beyond painful. Rodney's goal was as against the run of play as it is possible to get. 

Pity whichever coach/performance analyst has to watch that crap back tomorrow and make clips of errors/faults/improvement points ready for training on Monday. Just clip the entire first half lad. 

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Personally I can see where you're coming from but I think you'll agree that most managers talk some BS, certainly when results haven't gone their way.  It's never their fault, and if you care to listen to the opposition manager after each of our games you'll certainly see that.  It's often like they watched a different game.

In Clarke's recent post match interviews he's been pretty spot on in his appraisal to be honest, but he's got a bit of that Micky Adams spikiness about him and he's not the easiest listen.  I think it's safe to say his predecessor, Askey, came over as a nice guy when interviewed and that always buys you a bit more good will with the fans.

I actually think Flitcroft comes over far worse in terms of sounding like he's spouting BS, almost David Brent like waffle.

An excellent comment. I always enjoy your thoughts, you're always level-headed and fair.  I'm always a little harsh when we lose or appear to struggle.  Like everything, winning cures all!

I didn't think we ever changed formation, just personnel.

Johnson off, Walker to CB, Pett to Walker's position, Garrity to Pett's position. It worked second half so credit due. But I never saw a switch in formation to a back 4.

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

Not sure where claims of 343 first half today are coming from.

1 minute ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

There needs to be a process, though. And fans get cranky when they feel they're being talked to like idiots by idiots.

There has been a process. We hired a recruitment manager, and didn’t just recruit players from either Macclesfield or Sproson’s list. It’s been 4 games. We’ve looked decent for most of the season. And how are we being talked to like idiots? Clarke’s been pretty spot on with his assessments so far. 

And are these the same two idiots who have both won promotions out of this league? Sure, they may not work out with us, but clearly they know what they’re doing at this level. 

Take your Pope blinkers off.

Still keeping the faith and maintain that we have better players all over the pitch but the first 45 minutes today was really awful.  For me that looked like 5-3-2 formation, with Worrall looking like he was playing in the midfield 3 until the second half.  Not seen a replay of the goal but the wall didn't look right and 5 minutes later the same happened again and we got away with it, surely the keeper should be positioning them better, maybe I'm being harsh on him.

Second half much better but still lacking that bit of quality.  I don't buy that we had a really tough stuff as made out, Carlisle and Stevenage are 2 bang average mid-table sides, they will not be challenging at the end of the season and Northampton and Tranmere beaten at home.  I agree very early days but for me these next 3 games are tougher than the 3 games we just had.

24 minutes ago, Powerline said:

There has been a process. We hired a recruitment manager, and didn’t just recruit players from either Macclesfield or Sproson’s list. It’s been 4 games. We’ve looked decent for most of the season. And how are we being talked to like idiots? Clarke’s been pretty spot on with his assessments so far

And are these the same two idiots who have both won promotions out of this league? Sure, they may not work out with us, but clearly they know what they’re doing at this level. 

I don't have Pope blinkers on. Flitcroft spends lots of money and it worked once - Bury aren't doing so well these days. Darrell Clarke succeeded with Rovers. They still talk rubbish and expect us to nod away. The arrogance of DC is so hard to accept, especially after the way he's set us up so far... surely nobody accepts he's got the shape right?

As Vale manager, he's won all his games in a 6-week period. Barring that run, its been abject.

Do I want him gone? No. I'd like him to be more than a pound shop Mourinho and learn from his mistakes. I'd like him to put his ego aside. I'd like him to realise that he doesn't get a season free pass to get no results.

Fans talk. Down school, at the game at work. That is the way it always was. The internet just gives a different outlet.  And it is the same thing really. Everyone has their own opinion as to who is good, how the manager is, how we should play. Part of the fun of the game.

I'm saying nowt until ten games in. I have my thoughts, but saying nothing.  Let us see.

For the abuse  I have got for being sceptical about the project, fine. I will keep that to myself. But the implication that I want Vale to fail, is out of order.

You think I have followed Vale for 50 years, wanting them to fail? And I sit watching every game having paid 150 quid to watch Vale  fail?

I'm just sad that we have sunk to this level. And desperate for us to move on up, To the place we belong. Mid L1. I'm fed up with us lagging behind the likes of Crewe Fleetwood Burton. No disrespect to them but surely we should be capable of being up their with them?

I am used to the fact being a Vale fan is signing up to a depressing experience.

But it is really getting very tiresome.

Will I be back next week? Of course.

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

There has been a process. We hired a recruitment manager, and didn’t just recruit players from either Macclesfield or Sproson’s list. It’s been 4 games. We’ve looked decent for most of the season. And how are we being talked to like idiots? Clarke’s been pretty spot on with his assessments so far. 

They speak right to you. Lap it up and enjoy it,

Archived