Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

So the comment "Wilson is garbage" was just for the first 45 minutes then, not for his overall quality of the player?  Good of you to specify that.  Not frowning on, just wish you would be a bit more positive about a Vale player who is clearly struggling.  Slagging him off obviously does it for you, but it isn't the way forward. As I said, get behind him - it might work.

Not sure what difference an opinion on a forum makes to a professional footballer really. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

I criticise players when I think they are hiding or robbing a wage.  Wilson is neither of those. Good of you to say "you do you" though Beech, I'll look that one up to see if I can surmise what the foggiest you are on about. It's just an opinion.

So you won't criticise poor performances, like I said. Just don't cry and make out people are slagging players off just because some others might do on a forum.

SO FAR, and it is early days of course, in a Vale shirt, Wilson has looked close to hopeless.

Edited by Beech
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"Just don't cry".  Brilliant, you excel yourself. Boo hoo hoo Beech.

Just now, Beech said:

So you won't criticise poor performances, like I said. Just don't cry and make out people are slagging players off just because some others might do of a forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Deserved point in the end, but that first half could have been 3 or 4 on another day. It was shocking. For the love of God just play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and stop putting out a formation that gives the opposition so much of the ball and also wastes our best player in Worrall.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

I am  not looking forward to playing them . Next week . 

Got to play the top side sometime.  They've only scored 15 in five games-no problem for our defence and they've conceded 3 today, so no problem!!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We're hard to beat but 3 points from 12 is a pretty poor start to the season, there's no spin to get around that. Not even from the happy clap brigade here.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

Well after that shambles of a first half we were much much better second half. We will take a point.
Fair play to DC for sorting out. What a difference having a midfield makes.
Please stop playing about with the team and let's get some momentum. UTV

Christ, interesting season this is turning out to be.

Somebody 0 or 1, Port Vale 0 or 1. And repeat another 40+ times.

We might has well of left some of the “science” (not to mention considerable expense) out of it and stuck with Neil Aspin.

Can’t wait for the next game zzz….zzz….zzz

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I’ll take that after that first half. Set up wrong again. Always a worrying sign when nobody has a clue what formation we’re playing! Second half much better, bringing garrity on did change the game. Shame about legge and hope it’s not a bad one, but I though Martin did well when he came on. 

We can’t play like that in the first half again though, against a better side we will be 3/4 down. Walker was really poor and off the pace first half, Wilson, not sure what he’s offering at the moment, I’d like to see us try him with proctor. The big negative for me though is that keeper. I know we shouldn’t right players off so early but that’s 3 major errors in 5 games and on another day a penalty. He’s been brought in as he’s apparently good on the ball and has decent distribution. That was about as bad distribution as I’ve seen today. 100% stone has to start the next game, covolan is just going to cost us point after point. Really tough game up next.

Cass, Jones, legge and garrity were the best players today imo  

Hope DC learns and moves away from this formation. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Christ, interesting season this is turning out to be.

Somebody 0 or 1, Port Vale 0 or 1. And repeat another 40+ times.

We might has well of left some of the “science” (not to mention considerable expense) out of it and stuck with Neil Aspin.

Can’t wait for the next game zzz….zzz….zzz

Wow 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

I’ll take that after that first half. Set up wrong again. Always a worrying sign when nobody has a clue what formation we’re playing! Second half much better, bringing garrity on did change the game. Shame about legge and hope it’s not a bad one, but I though Martin did well when he came on. 

We can’t play like that in the first half again though, against a better side we will be 3/4 down. Walker was really poor and off the pace first half, Wilson, not sure what he’s offering at the moment, I’d like to see us try him with proctor. The big negative for me though is that keeper. I know we shouldn’t right players off so early but that’s 3 major errors in 5 games and on another day a penalty. He’s been brought in as he’s apparently good on the ball and has decent distribution. That was about as bad distribution as I’ve seen today. 100% stone has to start the next game, covolan is just going to cost us point after point. Really tough game up next. Hope DC learns and moves away from this formation. 

Not conceding many. If Wilson deserves time, Lucas does too.

• Like 2