Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Covolan is appaling. Nearly got sent off for losing the ball in his own area and wrestling an opponent to the ground. This was after randomly kicking the ball out towards the dugout. 

I have to question what football is being directed by Flitcroft, because this belongs in a circus. 

• Like 1

What did Covolan do?

Passed back to him, he dithered, their player closes him down and nicks the ball so Covolan shoulder charged him before bouncing off him and falling to the floor (presumably to make it look a foul the other way) then dives on the ball when he realised he could get it!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

What did Covolan do?

Same as the Chesterfield and Northampton games. P***** about with it again. Dreadful. I thought he was meant to be good on the ball? Should have been a penalty and his distribution has been dreadful. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Here's what happened, from the Stokinel:

"Covolan dithers on the ball six yards out. Jamie Reid nicks it away from him but the keeper reacts quickly to win it back. Phew!"

It's already happened a few times this season.  From the commentary opposition teams are aware and are targeting Covolan.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I just don't understand the reluctance to play 433.

Walsall fans did warn us that he's an extremely defensive and safety first type of manager. I get that it's good thing to have a team that can play a few different formations when required, but constantly choosing something that clearly isn't working is madness.

Edited by Beech

Just now, TJHValiant said:

Covolan is appaling. Nearly got sent off for losing the ball in his own area and wrestling an opponent to the ground. This was after randomly kicking the ball out towards the dugout. 

I have to question what football is being directed by Flitcroft, because this belongs in a circus. 

‘This’ being Covolan, or the general team? I’m unable to go today as I’m at work.

5 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

What did Covolan do?

Tried to dribble the ball past a striker, got mixed up and dived on it at the last minute from what I saw.

• Like 1

The Goalkeepers a bombscare who can't pass to a vale shirt, midfield and upfront completely ineffective.

Utterly dominated for most of that half, worst we have played so far this season. Something has to change.