onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

14 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I'm impressed by the honesty with which they have been addressing the huge task that was necessary, including the shipping out of...most of...the "dead wood"! I couldn't care less if people use buzz words or Klingon as long as they get the job done! Mixed metaphors??? - there are people on here who use mixed languages - do you know what a mixed metaphor is?

You think he's been honest?

It's a funny world where someone can blatantly make a statement counter to facts and it be deemed honest. Remarkable but I hold people to a higher standard. If they fail it then I can ignore almost everything they say. He's full of BS.

Bottom line is that we are close to being decent. We are also close to being awful. I'm content with mid-table as I understand where who we are but I'm not content will idiotic spin.

The problem, for me, is that good teams find a way of winning when in the race. If they don't get that habit then we may end up struggling.

23 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I'm impressed by the honesty with which they have been addressing the huge task that was necessary, including the shipping out of...most of...the "dead wood"

"Dead wood" was an unfortunate choice or words. If you want to move them on.  

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Good shot stopper and cross catcher.

needs to kick the ball away with confidence and consistency

Of those 3 attributes he has the easiest one to fix.

Cov will come good.

The bloke is 30 years old, he’s not a kid and his messing about on the ball must have always been a trait to his game. He needs to get out of the habit, but I think it’ll be something that rears it’s head again. 

It’s too early yet to say how good he will be for us, but he’s got a lot to live up to in terms of the points and games that Brown saved for us over his time here. 

On 22/08/2021 at 11:50, andy jones said:

The one thing we all share is 'hope'. I have been 'hoping' for 65 years so there's no way I won't be 'hoping' until I breath my last.

My concern is the fact that Carol is making an immense effort to bring youngsters into supporting the club.

So at the minute we have over 1,000 new 'hopers' turning up for matches.

But have we got the type of Manager we need to keep those youngsters supporting the club.

Football has changed dramatically and turgid defensive teams who grind out results are not the future.

When questioned on TV after a match at Arsenal once about his team's defensive display a Stoke manager (Durban?) replied if you want entertainment go the circus.

Managers who set up not to lose, rather than score at least one more than the opposition, are not going to make those kids lifetime supporters... They will be off to the circus.

Kids, largely, support winning and successful teams. They followed the "1-0 to the Arsenal" Arsenal because they were winners. Hopefully - when things start to run for us, we will be that winning team? The football wasn't that bad in the unbeaten run, either!

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The bloke is 30 years old, he’s not a kid and his messing about on the ball must have always been a trait to his game. He needs to get out of the habit, but I think it’ll be something that rears it’s head again. 

It’s too early yet to say how good he will be for us, but he’s got a lot to live up to in terms of the points and games that Brown saved for us over his time here. 

In his first season Brown was outstanding. In his second season he was very good. Last season we saw the beginnings of a decline in my opinion. Covolan has had a couple of dodgy moments but he hasn’t yet been responsible for any goals we have conceded. Give the bloke a chance. Torquay fans thought he was the dog’s danglies and they have seen far more of him than we have. 

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

In his first season Brown was outstanding. In his second season he was very good. Last season we saw the beginnings of a decline in my opinion. Covolan has had a couple of dodgy moments but he hasn’t yet been responsible for any goals we have conceded. Give the bloke a chance. Torquay fans thought he was the dog’s danglies and they have seen far more of him than we have. 

Like I said it’s too early to be judging and comparing him to brown just yet which is what was going on a few posts ago. 

14 hours ago, LancyTony said:

How is that debatable? The very good saves can be seen on video clips...and even Scott Brown's top fanboys wouldn't say he dominated his area!

i agree, but he was a good shot stopper on his day and didnt go walkabout.! just a thought☺️

16 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Hasn’t been responsible for any goals but was responsible for the defeat to Northampton which is bigger. And very nearly responsible for a penalty against Stevenage. All for the same errors. At his age he should know better. It’s a matter of time before he does it again and gets another red card imo. 

Archived