onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

48 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The first 4 games have resulted in more questions than DC currently has answers for.

Play 3 CB’s including Legge and we don’t concede goals. Play 2 and we get murdered as Legge doesn’t have the pace.

I agree with most your post but not this part. We hardly played a back four this season so the jury’s out on this one as is who would be our best CB pairing if we played this system.

The only time we been ‘murdered’ this season was in the first half yesterday and we were playing three centre halves then.

Typical Vale fans looking at pessimism rather than giving the squad a chance. We've only played 4 league games ffs.

Only the wind ups or seriously mentally challenged fail to accept that we have a massively better balanced and proficient squad now. Time will allow us to gel properly. Our players will get used to the systems and better themselves as the season progresses. Those fans ready to slit their wrists at this early stage honestly need to take a step back and calm down!

I've endured season after season of heartache supporting my team and do realise that it's difficult to get out of ruts but with Carol et all in charge I am more than confident we will see success soon and the mighty whites will bring progress and satisfaction to us all.

Support the Club please. Allow some reflection on what we are trying to do. Patience is paramount and it will reap it's awards. Be true Valiants. Keep the Faith. 

6 minutes ago, ken williams said:

Typical Vale fans looking at pessimism rather than giving the squad a chance. We've only played 4 league games ffs.

Only the wind ups or seriously mentally challenged fail to accept that we have a massively better balanced and proficient squad now. Time will allow us to gel properly. Our players will get used to the systems and better themselves as the season progresses. Those fans ready to slit their wrists at this early stage honestly need to take a step back and calm down!

I've endured season after season of heartache supporting my team and do realise that it's difficult to get out of ruts but with Carol et all in charge I am more than confident we will see success soon and the mighty whites will bring progress and satisfaction to us all.

Support the Club please. Allow some reflection on what we are trying to do. Patience is paramount and it will reap it's awards. Be true Valiants. Keep the Faith. 

joe biden has spoken

Just watched the  highlights on here they do not show all the Vale chances in second half but i will say this, Covalan was he playing on his own first half he as made a fair few saves there our players were so off the pace judging by the highlights it was Stevenage v Covalan and he was brilliant the free kicks a joke them in the wall need grow some gonads and block the shot .

Having watched the game this morning, I'm a bit surprised at the general negativity.
First half was poor, but even so, we weren't carved open.
Most chances were our mistakes.
Second half was thoroughly entertaining.
All players looking good and doing their bit, with Jones and Woz outstanding.
Pace was higher, passing crisper, crossing superb.
We should have won, and need to score when so dominant.

That's pretty much Daryls take. Shape wasnt too bad but we kept messing up individually.

6 actual fouls :laugh:

I’ve never seen us give away so many fouls , the players were making mistakes but they just didn’t look comfortable in the shape and it should of been ditched after 20 minutes

Covolan was causing his own problems and looked a complete liability , he has to improve quickly

I’m not impressed so far but it’s very early days and we need to give them time but 2 goals in 5 games is not a good look and we might need to bring in more than one striker or attacking player

2 hours ago, Ron C said:

I don't think anyone could seriously be wanting them sacked, as we stand.

My issue is that DC has come out with some astonishing rubbish, blaming everyone else but himself. I found his excuses last year laughable and fit only for children or people who have never really been involved with football.

This season, he has spoken more. I see through his rubbish. It irritates me that others drink it up. All managers/coaches spin to some extent. His is classless and shameless blame shifting.

I agree he talks rubbish, but I don’t particularly care what he’s like in interviews tbh, I imagine he’s not saying the same thing to the players.

1 hour ago, SFBT said:

Having watched the game this morning, I'm a bit surprised at the general negativity.

First half was poor, but even so, we weren't carved open.

Most chances were our mistakes.

Second half was thoroughly entertaining.

All players looking good and doing their bit, with Jones and Woz outstanding.

Pace was higher, passing crisper, crossing superb.

We should have won, and need to score when so dominant.

With respect, it's Stevenage. And we shouldn't have won the game, a draw was a fair result over the 90 minutes.

With respect, it's Stevenage. And we shouldn't have won the game, a draw was a fair result over the 90 minutes.
You're certainly a glass half empty guy aren't you? By that comment, I presume you also agree that we should have won both our home league games to date, on the balance of play?

I also noted Phil Sproson's remark about Aaron Martin being young and inexperienced.

He also stated that he doesn't know Cov, I think in the Carlisle game.

He's an expert summariser.

It's his job to know the players.

Very disappointing.

25 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I agree he talks rubbish, but I don’t particularly care what he’s like in interviews tbh, I imagine he’s not saying the same thing to the players.

You are right, his interviews are not as important as results.  The culture of a club, however, feeds off its leaders.  I am not impressed with him.

Archived