onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Are you p1ssed up?

No didn't have a drink yesterday and rarely drink at all just have the odd one now and again .

Going back to the match James Wilson and two very easy chances missed second half really he should be putting them away a free header from 5yards out and just in front of goal from another cross poor control when he should be just rifling it home .

He is a big concern because lesser talented players would have put them both away easily .

Not unhappy with a point though and considering we should have being losing by a few at half time the second half transformation was needed and certainly seemed like DC as done his job well in the second half yet again as we certainly were the  better side after the break .

Worrying that we are only playing 45 out of the 90 minutes thus far in order to obtain victories we need be making sure both halfs of games we are at it so to speak .

Early days though and Wilson already missed 3 sitters in 2 games away and not really done much in a good way in the home games either lets hope this new signing is a forward who can put sitters away because for me I'd rather us play young Bailey at present than I played for Man Utd Wilson can see why is career has nose dived he needs to put in the extra training and hrs and get himself back there that Powell at Stoke as had the same story but he is starring at a small club and that can only lead him.back to a big club so take note Wilson .

UTV 

Lots of interesting thoughts and opinions today. 

In my opinion, DC is playing large parts of games with an ineffective formation. He is also not utilising the strengths of certain players by playing them in roles they are not best suited to do. 

Players that have consistently stood out for the right reasons include Legge, Woz and Jones. 

Players that have not performed yet are Wilson and Benning. 

For me, we need to pair Proctor with Wilson up front and give them a run of games together to form a partnership. That gives us Woz, Amoo, Rodney, Politic and the young youth (I can never remember his name!) To fight it out for the wing positions. 

I'd favour 442.

Convolon

Cass Smith Martin Jones

Woz Pett Walker Rodney

Wilson Proctor

Obviously Legge when fit (for Martin)

When Conlon is back, I think the formation would need to change to accommodate him. 

With players like Gibbo, Amoo and Politic on the bench there's the scope to put pace and aggression onto the pitch for the last 30 minutes of games. 

7 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I don't have Pope blinkers on. Flitcroft spends lots of money and it worked once - Bury aren't doing so well these days. Darrell Clarke succeeded with Rovers. They still talk rubbish and expect us to nod away. The arrogance of DC is so hard to accept, especially after the way he's set us up so far... surely nobody accepts he's got the shape right?

As Vale manager, he's won all his games in a 6-week period. Barring that run, its been abject.

Do I want him gone? No. I'd like him to be more than a pound shop Mourinho and learn from his mistakes. I'd like him to put his ego aside. I'd like him to realise that he doesn't get a season free pass to get no results.

It’s not been abject though. We played well against Tranmere and Sunderland. Carlisle a draw was a fair result. And by all accounts today we played well second half after he changed it. 

6 hours ago, Ron C said:

They speak right to you. Lap it up and enjoy it,

No, I think Flitcroft does talk rubbish and Clarke comes across as an arse. However, they’re not two nobodies saying all this. Both have won promotions from this league. So clearly they know what they’re doing at this level. It may or may not work out with us, but I’m willing to give them more of a chance than 4 bloody games.

8 hours ago, philmpv said:
10 hours ago, Warren said:
The top two will stretch away and be beyond us catching up. So we need to win at FG next week. It's time to turn robust defence and good chance creation into a significant result. 

Have I read this right? If we lose next Saturday, our 5th game, we cannot possibly catch up with the top 2 in the next 41 games?

It’s a 60 pointer 

12 minutes ago, Powerline said:

No, I think Flitcroft does talk rubbish and Clarke comes across as an arse. However, they’re not two nobodies saying all this. Both have won promotions from this league. So clearly they know what they’re doing at this level. It may or may not work out with us, but I’m willing to give them more of a chance than 4 bloody games.

I don't think anyone could seriously be wanting them sacked, as we stand.

My issue is that DC has come out with some astonishing rubbish, blaming everyone else but himself. I found his excuses last year laughable and fit only for children or people who have never really been involved with football.

This season, he has spoken more. I see through his rubbish. It irritates me that others drink it up. All managers/coaches spin to some extent. His is classless and shameless blame shifting.

13 hours ago, 1 said:

He openly said on the stroke of half time he questions the recruitment management (or similar.) I think he’s sour because the unprofessional way the club was run before allowed for people like him to scurry in and make hay because nobody knew differently. Now he can’t, and his way of getting back at Vale is being overly critical of certain players who play in the positions he would happily fill with nonsense to line his pockets.

A real shame as Sproson is a real Vale legend to me but i have to agree with what you say

9 hours ago, Ron C said:

If you look at what I've said, I can't stand his BS and I've not believed a word of it since he arrived.

I don't want him sacked. I want him to succeed!!!!

I'd just like him to have some class and not treat us like idiots.

Thats fair enough then me owd fruit,i will class you differently than RZ who we all know wants him to fail

8 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I don't have Pope blinkers on. Flitcroft spends lots of money and it worked once - Bury aren't doing so well these days. Darrell Clarke succeeded with Rovers. They still talk rubbish and expect us to nod away. The arrogance of DC is so hard to accept, especially after the way he's set us up so far... surely nobody accepts he's got the shape right?

As Vale manager, he's won all his games in a 6-week period. Barring that run, its been abject.

Do I want him gone? No. I'd like him to be more than a pound shop Mourinho and learn from his mistakes. I'd like him to put his ego aside. I'd like him to realise that he doesn't get a season free pass to get no results.

I do agree that DC comes across as arrogant BUT is it arrogance or just confidence in his own ability?

I still prefer the DC and MA approach in interviews than JA or NA tbf

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thats fair enough then me owd fruit,i will class you differently than RZ who we all know wants him to fail

We all get things wrong. Winning cures all evils. Anyone who doesn't want us to win isn't really a Vale fan, as far as I'm concerned.

When we aren't winning, it irritates me even more.

Strange how some of the people on here who wanted a clear out are some of those who are now saying we shouldn’t have made so many changes in the Summer. 🤣

As for the guy on RS who wanted Pope back. 🙄 Popey was a great servant to the club but his time had come what’s important now is we replace his hold up play and goals. Personally I think Proctor can do some of the former but no one looks like doing the latter. Hopefully DC can unearth someone before the end of the month as it would turn the 0-0’s to 1-0’s and the 0-1’s to 1-1’s.

We’ll know where we are in another 8-10 games.

Archived