onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Ron C said:

Right, let's see what DC has to say. He always has some BS to spill out for us about how he knows what he is doing.  Remember that our squad was too good to be in the position it was. Then it was awful and had had awful recruitment. Then it was the fitness, even though he'd had them for a month to make them that fit during a season. Then he was able to tell us that we would have a slow start to the season.

He's full of it. At some stage, we will cotton on to his rubbish.

Your good self along with Tjh and RZ have been very anti DC from the off,very vocal when he came,very quiet during that 9 game spell last season and now vocal again....should we sack him? serious question,if so then i look forward to us turning into Salford and having 4 managers a season.

Today especially first half was a shocker but i really enjoyed the sunderland and tranmere games and to some extent the carlisle one when we created a lot of chances in all 3,just lacked that killer instinct imo

Advert

Surely he won’t start with Wilson next week if he does he must be related in some way 
As much as he hasnt done much today, we cant keep changing the strikers each game...need to give them a run surely. Pick one a stick with them for a few games.

2nd half was encouraging. 1st half was atrocious.

Really like the look of both Jones and Cass. Two good signings. 

I’ve not been impressed with Garrity but thought he made a big difference today. Pett and Walker were much better in a three in the second half than a 4 in the first.

Wilson and Rodney isn’t the answer up front. Think Proctor leads the line well but doesn’t look like a goal scorer. Desperately need to find something different up top.

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

tactic1- drop lucas 2. play garriety 3, get amoo on at some point.😒

If fit, Amoo needs to start and we need to change the formation. Strange that almost everyone with the exception of the person who selects the team can see this. Shows a certain amount of arrogance IMO. As I’ve said before I’d like the ball played on the floor with Amoo and Worrall don’t either wing and swapping wings during the game when they want to with someone down the centre.

I will continue to keep my powder dry, on my thoughts about the manager as I’ve said I’ll judge him at Christmas, that is if he’s still here.

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Agree, the problem is now that everyone knows about the relationship Sproson has enjoyed with the club and whatever he says, good or bad, people will always wonder what’s in it for him as an agent. 

He openly said on the stroke of half time he questions the recruitment management (or similar.) I think he’s sour because the unprofessional way the club was run before allowed for people like him to scurry in and make hay because nobody knew differently. Now he can’t, and his way of getting back at Vale is being overly critical of certain players who play in the positions he would happily fill with nonsense to line his pockets.

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

If fit, Amoo needs to start and we need to change the formation. Strange that almost everyone with the exception of the person who selects the team can see this. Shows a certain amount of arrogance IMO. As I’ve said before I’d like the ball played on the floor with Amoo and Worrall don’t either wing and swapping wings during the game when they want to with someone down the centre.

I will continue to keep my powder dry, on my thoughts about the manager as I’ve said I’ll judge him at Christmas, that is if he’s still here.

I think something needs to change down the left to mirror the right. Cass and Worrall, Jones and Benning for me.

Benning hasn’t set the world on fire but he has hardly played and not done anything wrong. He’s a class act and he needs time to settle. A lot of these players are slow burners who will get better, Pett, Walker, Benning etc.

Benning LB and Jones further forward tracking back seems like the best option to me. Both can attack, both can defend, great stuff.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Calls for Covolan to be dropped extremely harsh. Yes he made a cock up. It didn't lead to a goal. The goal we did concede was not his fault, at all. He made quite a few decent saves, and didn't spill a single one. He's kept 2 clean sheets in 4 and conceded only 2 goals, neither of which can be attributed to his goalkeeping.

Don't use facts in your argument - you know they don't understand!

19 minutes ago, 1 said:

I think something needs to change down the left to mirror the right. Cass and Worrall, Jones and Benning for me.

Benning hasn’t set the world on fire but he has hardly played and not done anything wrong. He’s a class act and he needs time to settle. A lot of these players are slow burners who will get better, Pett, Walker, Benning etc.

Benning LB and Jones further forward tracking back seems like the best option to me. Both can attack, both can defend, great stuff.

I don’t see it any other way and as I’ve said Worrall and Amoo to swap wings at any time. It’ll at least mean that the defenders will have to keep thinking or swap as well. 

Archived