onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

21 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Yes, I am a season ticket holder.

Ok so you can't say either Sunderland & Tranmere games we played boring surely? Carlise 2nd half yes was not great and 1st half today but 2nd half today was not boring either. We played good stuff at times and I really can't see where you are coming from.

Advert

Calls for Covolan to be dropped extremely harsh. Yes he made a cock up. It didn't lead to a goal. The goal we did concede was not his fault, at all. He made quite a few decent saves, and didn't spill a single one. He's kept 2 clean sheets in 4 and conceded only 2 goals, neither of which can be attributed to his goalkeeping.

First half we were shocking but 2nd half was better,we improved when Garrity came on thats for sure(thought he was really unlucky be dropped).

I thought Jones was again motm for me,what a recruitment he has been so far,Garrity,Cass and Worrall also played well... now is it just me getting really frustrated with Wilson? I would far sooner see Proctor start and cant wait until we get another forward in,i am very eager to see Politic get minutes all Bolton fans on social media have raved about him but where will he fit in?

As for Covolan oh my,you can never rest easy thats for sure

Just now, philmpv said:

Calls for Covolan to be dropped extremely harsh. Yes he made a cock up. It didn't lead to a goal. The goal we did concede was not his fault, at all. He made quite a few decent saves, and didn't spill a single one. He's kept 2 clean sheets in 4 and conceded only 2 goals, neither of which can be attributed to his goalkeeping.

Agreed however he needs to sharpen up very very quickly. Poor decision making is putting himself under undue pressure. His distribution is hit and miss,I can live with because every now and then I think he will ping one and he will get a few assists but the most worrying aspect for me is his positioning at set pieces lack of communication. If he doesn't sort it out quick his confidence and the defenders confidence in him will disappear and we will see more individual defensive errors as players become uncertain what to do.

He can't have too many chances before he will need to come out of the team.

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Don’t think it’s harsh at all. Sent off twice in 5 games. 2 in a row which must be a record for a keeper.  Should have conceded a penalty today. It’s just not what you want as a keeper. Stone did well I though when he played, covolan cost us 3 points against Northampton and nearly did today as well. I just worry there is always going to be an error in there and he will cost us a lot of points 

6 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

We are supposed to support and back our own players to the death not give them <ovf censored> 

I agree. To barrack our own players/staff so early on is pretty despicable. I don't care who it is, if they are trying, then get behind them.

Even DC, who I am thoroughly unimpressed with, I do not and will never barrack at a match.  Hopefully, he'll work out well for us. He now has no excuses left to give. He has had time. He has had immense flexibility with the squad. It is his time to shine. Let's hope he does.

Don’t think it’s harsh at all. Sent off twice in 5 games. 2 in a row which must be a record for a keeper.  Should have conceded a penalty today. It’s just not what you want as a keeper. Stone did well I though when he played, covolan cost us 3 points against Northampton and nearly did today as well. I just worry there is always going to be an error in there and he will cost us a lot of points 
But you're basing it on what SHOULD have happened, rather than what actually did. Devante should have scored at least 1 other today. Do we drop him? Brown cost us a lot more than he saved us last season. A GK is always going to make some kind of error. Brown, for example, let that back pass in last season. He also cost us quite a few by refusing to come off his line point blank. Covolan seemed to learn from that error and didn't dither again.

I agree completely Ron - thing is, we can easily swing both ways on watching this team - one loss in four; bugger all conceded; individual performances that really shine; creating of full/half chances; or

hardly any goals scored; confidence rock bottom in some players; not sure of formation and their rolls in it at times; individual mistakes that could prove really costly......

However, I firmly believe that it WILL gel eventually - and re DC, any manager that turns a team round like he did last year deserves time to bed in a whole shed load of new players 

18 minutes ago, MBE said:

Ok so you can't say either Sunderland & Tranmere games we played boring surely? Carlise 2nd half yes was not great and 1st half today but 2nd half today was not boring either. We played good stuff at times and I really can't see where you are coming from.

I’ll give you some clues….

One goal in four league games perhaps?? Conceding the lions share of possession and chances? Very few of our chances actually resulting in shots on target? Most of the chances coming from picking up ‘bits and pieces’ rather than being a carefully constructed move? Absolutely no threat so far off set-pieces (can’t comment on today).

Look, I’m not daft enough to be writing off the season 4 games in not calling for the managers head, but underwhelmed is probably an accurate description. 

Archived