onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

If ever there was a game of 2 halves, that was it. Very poor and open first half, yet I thought we were much the better side in the second, which coincided with the change in system and intro of Garrity. Probably should have won it by the end.

Cass excellent today. Gibbons has real competition if that's anything to go by. Defence solid again, and their goal was from a set piece. Garrity played well. Wilson had a couple of chances. Rodney really needs to look up sometime.

Ref awful. Gave fouls that werent, didn't give fouls (usually for us) which clearly were.

More positive than negative yet again for me.

Advert

Much better 2nd half where I felt we where the better team. I think that was more like us. All the subs had a positive impact on the game which shows the strength of depth we have now. We just need players to show more desire to attack balls in the box before we are going to score more frequently.

DC can't bemoan a lack of luck now from the previous 3 games - I think we had a lot of luck in the 1st half and could have been 2-3 down after some horrendous individual mistakes.

Can't complain with an away point against a useful team.

1 minute ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Not conceding many. If Wilson deserves time, Lucas does too.

How much time? I know it was a friendly but caught in no mans land and sent off. Same again against Northampton and same again today. 

It’s not what you want in a keeper. He will cost us many more points than Wilson will and at his age he’s not exactly inexperience so should know better and have learnt from the two red cards he’s already received. 

9 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Got to play the top side sometime.  They've only scored 15 in five games-no problem for our defence and they've conceded 3 today, so no problem!!!

Worrying that we have to do that without Legge now though

Right, let's see what DC has to say. He always has some BS to spill out for us about how he knows what he is doing.  Remember that our squad was too good to be in the position it was. Then it was awful and had had awful recruitment. Then it was the fitness, even though he'd had them for a month to make them that fit during a season. Then he was able to tell us that we would have a slow start to the season.

He's full of it. At some stage, we will cotton on to his rubbish.

Could have won that second half. I thought we were more compact, got the ball down and played some good stuff. The shape and the subs completely changed the game. Jones LB with space to roam releases him forward. Great opportunities second half and should have scored.

Cov 6.5 some good saves and good at taking crosses, but we shouldn’t be playing the ball back to him

Cass 8 brilliant player, as I said before, should be starting from now on

Legge 8 beast, get better soon champ

Martin 7 dependable with one random miscommunication

Smith 8 solid as always, good positionally

Johnson 6 one-dimensional and was focused on a couple of times. Can only play CB in my opinion

Jones 8 we have a pair of fantastic wing backs who I can’t see being beaten going forwards or backwards much

Walker 5 grew into the game gradually but looks quite slow and cumbersome, can find a long pass but loses the ball short

Pett 6 terrible first half, got a bit of a foothold second half. Conlon back ASAP.

Garrity 7 good engine, probably the best forward passer of the centre mids today

Worrall 6 always looks dangerous, every time s has space he looks like the source of a goal. A class above but a bit of aimless running around in the first half and looked a little lost

Rodney 6 hard to say as if he’s given nothing to work with what can he do? Tracked back well, we’ll taken goal.

Wilson 6 again, when given the chance he looks dangerous but not given time and space by decent passes to feet. Rarely loses the ball and looks like he will get a few but looks unfit to me.

Proctor 7 played well and gave us a new dimension. Strong and a good passer. Caused havoc for a 10 min flurry.

MOTM Cass with Jones a close second.

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Somebody 0 or 1, Port Vale 0 or 1. And repeat another 40+ times.

We might has well of left some of the “science” (not to mention considerable expense) out of it and stuck with Neil Aspin.

Have you watched any games or just listened to commentary?

Archived