iFollow Issues

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest issue for me is the right not to be able watch it especially away games I mean the other Tuesday my lads used my season ticket and I paid a extra tenner watch it on ifollow that's my committment as was due in work at 22.00 .

Think it's wrong myself I know they want folk physically in the ground and I do get that but they are turning away money from other avenues as I'd defo pay a tenner watch tomorrow's game but not to be .

Very poor that 

iFollow and the way it is set has been crap since it started several years ago. I complained to Ifollow, the football league, and to Pot Vale and heard nothing. The sad result is that I bought a fire stick for 30 quid and pick and choose Vale games which now amounts to 3 a season at best. Totally lost interest. Hence I post here once a month or so compared to 20 years ago. I don't even buy the shirts now due to inconsistent chopping and changing year in year out. Sad times.

4 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

iFollow and the way it is set has been crap since it started several years ago.

Why? It has its moments but generally speaking it has worked fine for me on my season pass since it started.

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

The biggest issue for me is the right not to be able watch it especially away game

Apparently it is now easy to get around from the UK using a VPN. Is this strictly legal? Maybe not... but at least the club get some money from your pass fee. Unlike if you just use the definitely illegal free stream. So the club make a bit and only lose out if you use it in place of going. Which I suspect is vastly not the case. That it would mainly be used by those not going otherwise.

If the non-UK residents rule is so easy to get around, it makes you wonder why they bother and don't just make it available in the UK legit.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2021 at 16:15, toyahw said:

Why? It has its moments but generally speaking it has worked fine for me on my season pass since it started.

Apparently it is now easy to get around from the UK using a VPN. Is this strictly legal? Maybe not... but at least the club get some money from your pass fee. Unlike if you just use the definitely illegal free stream. So the club make a bit and only lose out if you use it in place of going. Which I suspect is vastly not the case. That it would mainly be used by those not going otherwise.

If the non-UK residents rule is so easy to get around, it makes you wonder why they bother and don't just make it available in the UK legit.

Indeed. I have a UK based VPN stream account and for away games it has been excellent. In fact, it gives Vale money they wouldn’t otherwise get, because if I actually went and bought an away ticket, the club would get nothing! 

On 27/08/2021 at 16:59, MelbourneValiant said:

iFollow and the way it is set has been crap since it started several years ago. I complained to Ifollow, the football league, and to Pot Vale and heard nothing. The sad result is that I bought a fire stick for 30 quid and pick and choose Vale games which now amounts to 3 a season at best. Totally lost interest. Hence I post here once a month or so compared to 20 years ago. I don't even buy the shirts now due to inconsistent chopping and changing year in year out. Sad times.

I've had a season ticket since it started and the only real problems I've had have been payment wise when my card has expired etc etc. I have found it brilliant and it has enabled me to see every game, home and away, and I'm not sure I would have been able to do that in the UK! It has come a long way since that first season with no commentary......and I hope it continues indefinitely.

I don't understand why UK based fans can't buy a ticket for away games if the money goes to the Vale....doubtless there must be some contractual/money issues somewhere along the line?

On 30/08/2021 at 10:48, ClntonBoulton said:

I've had a season ticket since it started and the only real problems I've had have been payment wise when my card has expired etc etc. I have found it brilliant and it has enabled me to see every game, home and away, and I'm not sure I would have been able to do that in the UK! It has come a long way since that first season with no commentary......and I hope it continues indefinitely.

I don't understand why UK based fans can't buy a ticket for away games if the money goes to the Vale....doubtless there must be some contractual/money issues somewhere along the line?

Simply it is law that you cannot broadcast between 3pm and 5.00pm a  league football game. 

• Like 1

Except this Saturday? I think international breaks do not count so we can watch the Rochdale game on ifollow.
Certainly used to be the case.

It's available to buy so think you're right. Makes absolutely no sense to me for leagues 1 and 2 to be available this weekend but not others, but hey ho.

I know that the FSA were canvassing for opinions regarding asking the authorities to suspend the 3pm blackout for a bit longer. Mainly so that vulnerable people can still (legally) watch games. 

5 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Except this Saturday? I think international breaks do not count so we can watch the Rochdale game on ifollow.

Certainly used to be the case.

Yeah international breaks are the exception. 

Just now, philmpv said:
1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:
Yeah international breaks are the exception. 

Does anybody know why?

Big reason is that there are no Prem and champ games and ultimately it is the bigger clubs that carry the weight on sustaining that rule. Nobody really cares about sustaining the rights of league 1 and 2. 

• Like 1

Big reason is that there are no Prem and champ games and ultimately it is the bigger clubs that carry the weight on sustaining that rule. Nobody really cares about sustaining the rights of league 1 and 2. 
It just seems to go completely against what they claim the rule is for in the first place (to ensure attendance in person is not affected). Annoys the hell out of me. Would be interested if there's any evidence that attendances in person are actually affected when the games on a Saturday afternoon are streamed on ifollow

• 2 weeks later...