Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, mikey said:

I cant see Conlon being ready for this, if as reported, he was seen limping on Saturday. I would bring Martin in for Legge giving him a rest. I'd like to see Wilson and Proctor up front pushing Rodney out wide, but doubt DC will start any differently from Saturday. Most of all I want our first 3 points.

If Carlisle have any sort of an arial threat whatsoever then Legge must start.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

Ahhh yes the solitary goal scored in our first round exit of the EFL cup my problems are solved, and you call me the fool?

How was St Andrews yesterday ?

You didn't sell out I believe. Shocking. 

If vale create the chances they did against Sunderland and tranmere then surely we will start to convert a few of them. 
Of course we will. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a few fans who can't see beyond the last game.
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Valepopey11 said:

Played: 3

won: 0

scored: 0 

Wheres Popey when you need him? Do you reckon we could afford him back on loan?

Playing for Congleton Bears !   He has been great but we all get old and have to stop. If he could still do it then he would not be at Congleton . Wrexham and Notts County are both in a commutable distance if they thought he still had it .   The King has gone .... move on and look for a younger fitter scorer

• Like 2

Can’t wait for this. Had tickets for Sheff Wed friendly and got covid. Then been away and back tomorrow so my first game since Walsall away in 2019 and first home game since February that year. Absolutely buzzing to be back down Vale Park. 2-0. 

1 hour ago, PVFCSVA said:

Can’t wait for this. Had tickets for Sheff Wed friendly and got covid. Then been away and back tomorrow so my first game since Walsall away in 2019 and first home game since February that year. Absolutely buzzing to be back down Vale Park. 2-0. 

You might have no choice but to wait, unless you arrive at the ground really early…..Bring a packed lunch….. And a flask.

Joking apart, welcome back 👍🏻

34 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You might have no choice but to wait, unless you arrive at the ground really early…..Bring a packed lunch….. And a flask.

and a sleeping bag!😁

51 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

So I’ve heard/read about. Was Lorne Street as bad?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PVFCSVA said:

We got to Lorne Street at 215pm and there was only 1 gate open with a queue of about 30 people in it. No programmes on sale inside and the pies had all been sold by half time. People were coming in and sitting anywhere until they were advised they were in season ticket holders seats. Does this mean when you purchase a ticket on the day it doesn't have a designated seat number? Or is it just laziness in some peolpe not looking at the obvious stickers on seats?

23 minutes ago, PVFCSVA said:

When we walked past the Lorne St at around 2:20ish there were small queues and, I think, more than one set of turnstiles were open.  No idea what it was like after that as we were too busy pitching our tent on Dolly’s Lane.

We got to Lorne Street at 215pm and there was only 1 gate open with a queue of about 30 people in it. No programmes on sale inside and the pies had all been sold by half time. People were coming in and sitting anywhere until they were advised they were in season ticket holders seats. Does this mean when you purchase a ticket on the day it doesn't have a designated seat number? Or is it just laziness in some peolpe not looking at the obvious stickers on seats?
We had to get a ticket for someone who hadn't planned on coming when I asked for the seat next to us the bloke said just sit anywhere and printed off a random seat number

Id keep wilson in the team for this one, people questioning him because not scored yet, across every division id probably suggest there are more strikers who havent scored yet to ones who have its been two games, he's getting on chances id be more worried if he hadnt scored and hadnt had any chances, I believe once he gets one he will gain more confidence. Not saying hes going grab us 30 goals but if he gets confidence he could push on 15-20. Just think if he gets dropped after two games it could knock him and there definitely is a player in there. Hopefully conlon can play a part aswell. 

really hoping for 3 points on the board but carlisle i think are not a bad outfit so again a draw wouldnt be a bad result, if so hopefully a 2-2 so we can celebrate some goals

• Like 1