Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

1 shot on target all game, against what looked a very ordinary side. It's not good enough. Against Tranmere I gave the benefit of the doubt as I thought they looked a useful side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

?

He’s comfortable as a kick it and head it centre half. When he’s right as a back 3 he’s expected to carry the ball out, retain possession and offer to attacks. That cross at the end summed it up. 

Toothless. Will we score before Christmas? Not on this showing - and not surprising when we're creating nothing from midfield and our most creative player spends half his time in his own defensive third.

This system is killing us. It's more 5-3-2 and we have no width, no attacking full back play and nothing from midfield. 80 minutes virtually before the first shot on target. DC should change it now but, sooner or later, when we keep firing blanks, he will be forced to.

Can't wait for Gibbo to get back then we can go 433, end this nonsense of Wozza at full back and get some quality ball up front.

Really disappointing.   

• Like 9

I’m not going to criticise the strikers as I don’t necessarily think they’re the problem, it’s the formation. The midfield 3 can’t seem to keep the ball and none of them are exactly creative. Add to that, the wing backs just aren’t working. There’s not enough players around the front 2, we played like an away side at times.

• Like 3

We were......"sloppy". Poor first touches, one touch too many, poor turn whatever and they were all over us. I know it's early days and I certainly expect us to have a good season but at the mo we are definitely disjointed and DC has to sort it out. We are solid, which is a good base to start with, but the midfield has to link with the forwards and we have to start making chances...it all looks a bit hit and hope at the moment.

Win at Stevenage now on Satdee....no bother!

• Like 1