Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Visitors Carlisle another ambitious club looking for more points after their weekend win at Swindon. But Vale are trying out their formations and hope to reverse the home defeat of last season into 3 points. Conlon not expected to be available so different attacking options required. 2-0 who will be the scorers?

Another tough game as Carlisle won away at Swindon .

Team well you wouldn't change the back players but there's no reason why you cannot change the forward players .

Looking forwards to it .

Hopefully another big crowd will be up there with fans getting in quickly and not the chaos of the last 2 home games .

I'd be bringing Bailey back in the squad and giving a few players there first start to freshen it up a tad but not too many changes as a goal could be lift off for the Port Vale team of 2021 /22.

I thought a promising start against Sunderland and Tranmere, more of the same will surely yield points in this league. Wozza in a more forward position a bonus, the 2nd best creator of chances in the league has got to play in that role. Our midfield was solid just felt we lacked Conlans goal threat. There was a concern about lack of goals discussed to death on OVF preseason but hopefully the forward line will gel quickly. It looks better than last season.

40 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Visitors Carlisle another ambitious club looking for more points after their weekend win at Swindon. But Vale are trying out their formations and hope to reverse the home defeat of last season into 3 points. Conlon not expected to be available so different attacking options required. 2-0 who will be the scorers?

now that is the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😒

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

I thought a promising start against Sunderland and Tranmere, more of the same will surely yield points in this league. Wozza in a more forward position a bonus, the 2nd best creator of chances in the league has got to play in that role. Our midfield was solid just felt we lacked Conlans goal threat. There was a concern about lack of goals discussed to death on OVF preseason but hopefully the forward line will gel quickly. It looks better than last season.

Our best moments yesterday came from the simple directness of Wozza.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cov

Back 4 of Cass, Martin, Smith, Jones

Pett Walker Garrity (Conlon if fit)

Worrall No.10 role

Rodney Wilson

When Benning is fully fit, just play him as an out and out winger as he’s good enough to cross and take people on, just support Jones on the defensive end. Cass and Worrall the same on the other side. Conlon and Pett holding it down in the middle, with Walker coming on to sure it up when we’re 8-0 up.

Edited by 1

2 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

Played: 3

won: 0

scored: 0 

Wheres Popey when you need him? Do you reckon we could afford him back on loan?

Stop living in the past he is where he should be in his later years move on we had the best of him now is a new chapter for the vale sit back and support the lads if you want see pope again sod off congleton.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, hamilboy said:

Stop living in the past he is where he should be in his later years move on we had the best of him now is a new chapter for the vale sit back and support the lads if you want see pope again sod off congleton.

I wouldn't reply to him tbf mate as he is a stoke fan loving the wind up...true story oh or possibly an ex banned poster 😉 

I cant see Conlon being ready for this, if as reported, he was seen limping on Saturday. I would bring Martin in for Legge giving him a rest. I'd like to see Wilson and Proctor up front pushing Rodney out wide, but doubt DC will start any differently from Saturday. Most of all I want our first 3 points.