onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

The positives are we have the options to shake up the team and formation. 

Disappointed with Worrall tonight and I don’t think he should be undropable.   

At some point, if we wanted to go more attacking with pace, we could put out the below:

Covolan

Cass/Gibbons Legge  Jones  Benning

Walker  Pett/Conlon

Amoo        Politic      Rodney

Proctor

I know it’s hard to be patient, but let’s see where we are end at the end of October as the first checkpoint. 

Advert

Well that was pretty poor tonight. I’ve said it since day one this season, 3-5-2 is defensive and is too bloody boring to watch. That was an Aspin-type performance. I felt sorry for Worrall and Rodney tonight, both had absolute stinkers in this system which does not suit either of them one bit. We have to go 4-3-3 but that means Legge or Smith need to be dropped because a) neither has enough pace and b) distribution from both is very poor. If Conlon is going to be injured for a while Is be inclined to put Worrall in a midfield 3 with Pett and Walker with Amoo and Rodney wide and Proctor central. I’m not convinced one bit by Benning, though thought Jones played really well. I think we played a decent side tonight who themselves could be in with a top 7 chance, but that doesn’t detract from an awful 2nd half bar that 5 minute spell at the end.

The positives are we have the options to shake up the team and formation. 
Disappointed with Worrall tonight and I don’t think he should be undropable.   
At some point, if we wanted to go more attacking with pace, we could put out the below:
                 Covolan
Cass/Gibbons Legge  Jones  Benning
        Walker  Pett/Conlon
Amoo        Politic      Rodney
                 Proctor

I know it’s hard to be patient, but let’s see where we are end at the end of October as the first checkpoint. 

Worrall still got into the two best shooting positions of the night and had to play in a position which stifles his forward play.

The whole team were rubbish tonight. We struggled to put passes together for most of the match. We seemed to want to hit 50 yard passes. The effort was there, but using DC's word from last season, there was very little quality. We looked like a team that has just been thrown together and I am sure we cohesion will come when he has a settled formation (which hopefully is 4 3 3 ) and knows his best team (that could take another 2 months).

Calls for Worrall to be dropped after a game where he wasn’t at his best, booing the team off, posts that are hinting at questioning the managers position after only 3 games all seem to me like hitting the panic button too early for me. 

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Calls for Worrall to be dropped after a game where he wasn’t at his best, booing the team off, posts that are hinting at questioning the managers position after only 3 games all seem to me like hitting the panic button too early for me. 

Wouldn’t even say it’s panic button. It’s beyond that. The booing was a complete and utter disgrace. If your booing the side after 3 league matches, in which we have only lost once. Stay the <ovf censored> at home. 

Thought Worrall had a decent game myself. I mean we weren't bad. We just weren't good.  Carlisle were very tidy.  Sometimes you have to take it on the chin. We are a plodding L2  club.  There is nothing special. I know we all wish that there was. But we are just, a plodding L2 team. 

Shut down far too easily in the second half. Worrall should have had the game won by then. Carlisle had more control of the game overall.

Concerning stuff going forward but a few kneejerk, frustration-borne responses tonight. We had 7 points from 9 and 0 goals conceded at this stage last year, and then completely collapsed. 

Legge continues to defy age and, when we bothered to get the ball into his feet, Walker is technically a class above. I'm not yet enamoured with either Benning or Garrity. 

36 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Who said he should be dropped? I haven't seen anyone say such a thing.

But for a player of his quality he was really poor tonight. His usual work-rate was there but his final shot, pass and cross left an awful lot to be desired. That said, the only players I thought can say they genuinely played well are Walker, Legge and Smith. Proctor also did alright but just doesn't look a goal threat. I thought Amoo was bright again in what time he had on the pitch and at least gave them something to worry about.

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Phil, totally agree. I thought Legg was perhaps our MOTM due to his aerial dominance. However we all see things differently.

Well said .Phil 

Archived