onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

I’m not going to criticise the strikers as I don’t necessarily think they’re the problem, it’s the formation. The midfield 3 can’t seem to keep the ball and none of them are exactly creative. Add to that, the wing backs just aren’t working. There’s not enough players around the front 2, we played like an away side at times.

We were......"sloppy". Poor first touches, one touch too many, poor turn whatever and they were all over us. I know it's early days and I certainly expect us to have a good season but at the mo we are definitely disjointed and DC has to sort it out. We are solid, which is a good base to start with, but the midfield has to link with the forwards and we have to start making chances...it all looks a bit hit and hope at the moment.

Win at Stevenage now on Satdee....no bother!

Definitely missing something up top at the moment.  We need to find it pretty quickly or we're going to be playing catch up this season.

Fingers crossed the lad coming in before the window closes has got something.

Have to say I'm enjoying the games though and found it pretty disgraceful that there was booing at the end.

Absolute morons.

If people think tonight was boo worthy, where the hell have you been for last 5 years?!

Some of you lot are so negative. What happened to give it 10 games to develop the most effective system. It will come. AC/DC are taking all of this in too. With Gibbo to come back, Politic to work his way back, Captain Conlon in midfield and who knows, the new striker might be of Politic's quality. Keep The Faith (this means don't give up so easily and be what a true fan should be - Strong (in case anybody wonders what it means))

Too much expected from Worrall running  from right back to right wing. We’re too defensive and then when we get the ball out hold it up and then pass it back to defence. Too many high balls. If we’re going to describe Carlisle as an average team then I don’t know where that puts us. For me we’re playing similar to how we played three seasons ago. Still plenty of games left

3 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Some of you lot are so negative. What happened to give it 10 games to develop the most effective system. It will come. AC/DC are taking all of this in too. With Gibbo to come back, Politic to work his way back and who knows, the new striker might be of Politic's quality. Keep The Faith (this means don't give up so easily and be what a true fan should be - Strong (in case anybody wonders what it means))

Completely agree. Okay we haven’t won yet but with a bit more luck we have 6 points from the last 3 games instead of 2.

The team needs time to gel and we haven’t been outplayed in any game so far, so we have to be hopeful things will click and then pick up some wins..

4 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Some of you lot are so negative. What happened to give it 10 games to develop the most effective system. It will come. AC/DC are taking all of this in too. With Gibbo to come back, Politic to work his way back, Captain Conlon in midfield and who knows, the new striker might be of Politic's quality. Keep The Faith (this means don't give up so easily and be what a true fan should be - Strong (in case anybody wonders what it means))

We can't keep doing the same things and expect a different result. Shape is the problem, not personnel. For me, DC doesn't get a free pass for half a season. 

Not great that. However it’s not surprising. I’ve mentioned god knows how many times that the formation isn’t right for us. Formation has to change. It’s ok when your on the back foot expected to lose however we’re not this season. Change it to 433 or 4321 and play players where they are meant to play. I was positive after both the first two league games but tonight I didn’t enjoy, football was poor, no creativity and the midfield was really poor. I don’t think we can play Walker and garrity in the same 11. (I don’t know about anyone else but garrity reminds me of burgess). We’ve got to use some kind of pace otherwise I don’t see a threat from us? 

first time I will openly question the manager. He mentioned against Northampton to play 532 successfully you need you midfield to get on the ball and control the game. Well why are we playing hoof ball? That makes literally no sense. We have midfielders and players across the pitch blatantly good enough to keep the ball. I’d say this season our midfield is our best asset, why are we bypassing them? Get the ball to them and let them play. Pett is one of the best Cm in the league let him show it. 

Said it every game stop wasting our best players in the wrong positions. We don’t need a back 5 at home. There is no need at all. Go back to a back 4 and get an extra body up top, whether that be an extra forward or an extra midfielder. 

It’s not the end of the world, I can’t see us losing many games and that is progress, we certainly look a decent solid side but we need that creativity desperately. 

Go to a back 4. Whether gibbo is fit or not, we have a bloody decent RB in cass ready to play. New signing today is going to be a key player for us I think just due to the complete lack of creativity. 

Not brill, 0-0 isn’t that bad though. Another clean sheet against an ok side isn’t the end of the world. Creativity is needed but I still think we’re a lot further ahead than last season. We weren’t great tonight but still had chances to win the game and should have done. 

Whoever booed at the end. <ovf censored> off and stay at home. It wasn’t close to being that bad. 

Hit the woodwork twice (again)

One off the line

Garrity spoons a free header from a few yards out

Worrall fluffs it after going clean through and can't get a shot away

Rodney takes 74 touches inside the box after being played through by Walker (some quality passes from him tonight) and can't get a shot away

Need Conlon back. Need Gibbons back. 5 at the back needs chopping. Worrall at RWB idea scrapped. Worrall + Amoo/Politic banging in crosses for Proctor and Wilson. Rodney better out wide, needs an overlapping full back outside of him as a constant option as his decision making still isn't great. 

Archived