onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Established to me is being stable, approx mid table  and not being involved in relegation battles during successive seasons.  Usually the base from which a promotion bid is made, but not necessarily as successive promotions are sometimes made, Leicester were Prem Champions after a relegation escape the previous season.  

Morecambe finished 3rd bottom and the next season finished in the playoffs and went upb

Advert

16 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Don’t think Rodney works in a midfield 4. Askey tried that once and it was a disaster. 

It’s a tricky one, as I know what you mean, it would be great to get Proctor, Wilson and Rodney in one team. Just don’t think it can be accommodated and we still stay strong defensively.

I would play him high as a LW like we did with Ashely Vincent rather than a lefty sided midfielder.

All of Rodneys best performances have come when he has played out wide rather than a central role.

To be fair last year though the midfield was dross and not very mobile which is why we always had to play 3 centrally..... completely different to this year.

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I don't want to be established. 

Isn't this one of longest runs ever in the bottom division ?

We need to quickly unestablish ourselves from this difficult league. 

Yes, joint-longest spell in the bottom tier since the 1940s (5 seasons).

Had the same run 2008-13, 1978-83, 65-70.

Failure to get out of League 2 this season would result in the longest run of bottom tier football for Port Vale FC since 1945-54.

Spending 10 of the last 14 seasons in the bottom tier, with three finishes at or below 86/92, is already, arguably, our worst sustained run since Division 4 was formed in 1958. 

UTV

1 hour ago, OtterVale said:

My team would be

Covalan

Cass.    Smith.  Legge.   Benning

Garrett.        Pett

Worral.         Wilson.        Rodney

Proctor

After his performances in the last 2 games no way can you drop Jones imo

It is very harsh on Jones as he has been brilliant, I just think against Carlisle we need a litttle more going forward and Benning has a little bit more in that dept, to be honest I makes a difference having two good players for that left side for once.

On 16/08/2021 at 10:10, dishydave said:
On 16/08/2021 at 09:37, ken williams said:
We got to Lorne Street at 215pm and there was only 1 gate open with a queue of about 30 people in it. No programmes on sale inside and the pies had all been sold by half time. People were coming in and sitting anywhere until they were advised they were in season ticket holders seats. Does this mean when you purchase a ticket on the day it doesn't have a designated seat number? Or is it just laziness in some peolpe not looking at the obvious stickers on seats?

We had to get a ticket for someone who hadn't planned on coming when I asked for the seat next to us the bloke said just sit anywhere and printed off a random seat number

Hope the club addresses that, really poor practice. Many season ticket holders will have picked the seat they particularly want and the last thing they want on match day would be to find someone sitting in their designated seat. The ticket office, turnstile staff and the stewards need to be briefed on club expectations on this.

Archived