onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, PVFCSVA said:

So I’ve heard/read about. Was Lorne Street as bad?

We got to Lorne Street at 215pm and there was only 1 gate open with a queue of about 30 people in it. No programmes on sale inside and the pies had all been sold by half time. People were coming in and sitting anywhere until they were advised they were in season ticket holders seats. Does this mean when you purchase a ticket on the day it doesn't have a designated seat number? Or is it just laziness in some peolpe not looking at the obvious stickers on seats?

Advert

23 minutes ago, PVFCSVA said:

So I’ve heard/read about. Was Lorne Street as bad?

When we walked past the Lorne St at around 2:20ish there were small queues and, I think, more than one set of turnstiles were open.  No idea what it was like after that as we were too busy pitching our tent on Dolly’s Lane.

We got to Lorne Street at 215pm and there was only 1 gate open with a queue of about 30 people in it. No programmes on sale inside and the pies had all been sold by half time. People were coming in and sitting anywhere until they were advised they were in season ticket holders seats. Does this mean when you purchase a ticket on the day it doesn't have a designated seat number? Or is it just laziness in some peolpe not looking at the obvious stickers on seats?
We had to get a ticket for someone who hadn't planned on coming when I asked for the seat next to us the bloke said just sit anywhere and printed off a random seat number

Id keep wilson in the team for this one, people questioning him because not scored yet, across every division id probably suggest there are more strikers who havent scored yet to ones who have its been two games, he's getting on chances id be more worried if he hadnt scored and hadnt had any chances, I believe once he gets one he will gain more confidence. Not saying hes going grab us 30 goals but if he gets confidence he could push on 15-20. Just think if he gets dropped after two games it could knock him and there definitely is a player in there. Hopefully conlon can play a part aswell. 

really hoping for 3 points on the board but carlisle i think are not a bad outfit so again a draw wouldnt be a bad result, if so hopefully a 2-2 so we can celebrate some goals

No wholesale changes I'd make for this next game but I'd stick a few surprises in for this game ,there's no reason why players cannot be given in light of tge fact we have played 3 lost 2 drawn 1 .

So for me this is my team be brave get forwards and entertain and score .

Covalan 

Cass Smith Legge Jones 

Amoo Pett Walker Worrall 

Proctor Bailey .

That would confuse the hell out of Carlisle Jones plays super balls pinging 30 yards to opposite sides as does the lad from Hartlepool ,now that should put Amoo and Worrall in then they have to just put a decent quality of ball in then I feel with Proctor being selected he will either head home or put it on a plate for the other striker be it Rodney Wilson or young BAILEY personally I would be seeing how much that Wilson and Rodney want it by dropping the pair of them ,two games in no goals between them ,personally thought we have looked as a team should in the final third when PROCTOR has played more so ,ok folk rate Wilson and Rodney I'm not so sure on them at present hopefully they if selected ram my views down my throat .

Hard game lets hope whoevers chosen is top notch UTV 

39 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

No chance does he keep a fit Gibbo out IMO. Cass hasn’t shown enough in his brief appearances to get so carried away. 

I'd tend to agree, but Cass gives us that bit of extra time to allow Gibbo to regain full fitness, and in that time we might see a bit more from Cass to change our view.

11 hours ago, MBE said:

Please please please 442.

Covolan

Cass Smith Martin Jones

Wozza Pett Garrity Rodney

Proctor Wilson

Don’t think Rodney works in a midfield 4. Askey tried that once and it was a disaster. 

It’s a tricky one, as I know what you mean, it would be great to get Proctor, Wilson and Rodney in one team. Just don’t think it can be accommodated and we still stay strong defensively.

For tomorrow, I’d go. 

Covolan

Cass   Smith  Legge  Jones

Pett  Walker  Garrity 

Worrall  Wilson  Rodney

Solid unit and gives us the base for Wilson/Rodney to hopefully find their goal scoring touch. Amoo, Politics, Proctor to come on. Not bad 😄

One thing is for sure we need to at the very least hit the target! I think shooting practice is the order of the day. Far to many wide or over the bar at least work the keeper.
Agreed Bomber, didn't create endless amount of chances but a bit more composure Infront of goal would have won it for us. Tranmere had no more/ better chances than us. Wozza to play in a more forward position to give our strikers the additional scoring chances they obviously need.

On 15/08/2021 at 10:34, The man in the pub said:

I reckon another tough, tight game tonight.
Carlisle another pretty decent, established, league two team.
We're a pretty decent, but not yet established league two team.
Another draw would be a decent result at this stage of the season.
Two tough away games to follow, where I think we'll do ok.
Then we're into some of the less fancied teams.
I'm not expecting anything great for a while yet.

Archived