Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

2 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Even though several people have explained this to you, you're still clearly struggling to understand the situation.

I understand the situation ! The club have apologised what do you want them to do! We can all moan ! I had to park miles away and walk I have mobility issues I have been on the list for a parking season ticket for two years ! For heavens sake get behind the club nobody wanted this situation I am sure lessons have learned.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Yes it was very good. Not sure if it was that good because it was the first league back and the buzz was about the place or could it be that good each home game? I enjoyed it and would sooner go up there for an hour and have a drink and see the buzz than sitting inside the ground like you said. I had three girls with me and they loved it also. If it did take off I know it’s all extra cost but a marquee type covering would be great. Screen up showing goals, music on..

I agree, took my 6 year old daughter for her first ever football game and she loved it, was a good atmosphere there and facility to have.

A marquee may be a good idea in the colder winter months or its a write off if its raining for example but depends on cost, certainly a good idea though and improves us further in terms of family friendliness. 

• Like 1

Slightly off at a tangent, but my feelings.

Travelling in was amazed at the lack of traffic, parked on High Lane, was the only car there. ( still the same at the end!!)

Went to have a look at the fan zone, looked great, lots of happy families there.  Spending at the vale as well instead of the town centre.

About 2.15 this,  queues for the Paddock even then, so the "not there early enough" goes out of the window.

Made my way round to Lorne street 2.20ish,  went straight up to turnstile and in, no problem.

Not so good then unfortunately.   Long queues at the concourses (good for vale though)  Part of the problem was having to decant into glasses, ( but my bottle of cider Ok).     

2 people left my queue because it was cash only apparently.   If it has to be cash only ( unusual since covid) this needs to be well flagged up in publicity and notices up at the kiosks. Money being lost here. If folk know in advance, easy to sort out.

No programs available.  Probably the 1 match  ( new signings, what number etc)  I would buy a program.  Maybe they had sold out, but as I say this was at 2.20.

Saw comments that the queues at the Paddock kiosks were enormous at half time ( I didn't look tbh, was watching the half time scores on the new teles).  Stadia Catering always pre poured before half time.  Would this help?

I didn't notice lots of fans coming in after KO in the Lorne Street or Bycars (no more than usual anyway)   If fans can't get in to the Bycars, that is ridiculous with how many go in there.  There has always been late arrivals in to the Paddock, so didn't think anything of it at the time tbh.  This has got to be sorted though, or casual fans will just not come.

Overall experience,  really enjoyed it, good atmosphere, lovely to see so many kids there, all in strips.

Have to say I found it strange being in a crowd after so long,  uncomfortable.  But I don't suppose I was alone there.  Will take a while to get used to being close to people again.

The new system is having problems WiFi, scanners working slowly plus someone said some turnstile operators are off ill or isolating. Yes it was bad on Saturday especially the paddock but let's not get carried away and blame the shanahans.

They want to try installing Ubiquiti mesh outdoor wifi, class system, they’d also massively benefit from fans wifi, the signal on a Matchday with O2 is nothing short of awful, too many people in 1 area, barely get anything rendered

3 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Yes it was very good. Not sure if it was that good because it was the first league back and the buzz was about the place or could it be that good each home game? I enjoyed it and would sooner go up there for an hour and have a drink and see the buzz than sitting inside the ground like you said. I had three girls with me and they loved it also. If it did take off I know it’s all extra cost but a marquee type covering would be great. Screen up showing goals, music on..

I remember the great day in the Wycombe marquee 🤗🤗

• Like 2

Advert:

55 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Travelling in was amazed at the lack of traffic, parked on High Lane, was the only car there. ( still the same at the end!!)

Went to have a look at the fan zone, looked great, lots of happy families there.  Spending at the vale as well instead of the town centre.

About 2.15 this,  queues for the Paddock even then, so the "not there early enough" goes out of the window.

Made my way round to Lorne street 2.20ish,  went straight up to turnstile and in, no problem.

Not so good then unfortunately.   Long queues at the concourses (good for vale though)  Part of the problem was having to decant into glasses, ( but my bottle of cider Ok).     

2 people left my queue because it was cash only apparently.   If it has to be cash only ( unusual since covid) this needs to be well flagged up in publicity and notices up at the kiosks. Money being lost here. If folk know in advance, easy to sort out.

No programs available.  Probably the 1 match  ( new signings, what number etc)  I would buy a program.  Maybe they had sold out, but as I say this was at 2.20.

Saw comments that the queues at the Paddock kiosks were enormous at half time ( I didn't look tbh, was watching the half time scores on the new teles).  Stadia Catering always pre poured before half time.  Would this help?

I didn't notice lots of fans coming in after KO in the Lorne Street or Bycars (no more than usual anyway)   If fans can't get in to the Bycars, that is ridiculous with how many go in there.  There has always been late arrivals in to the Paddock, so didn't think anything of it at the time tbh.  This has got to be sorted though, or casual fans will just not come.

Overall experience,  really enjoyed it, good atmosphere, lovely to see so many kids there, all in strips.

Have to say I found it strange being in a crowd after so long,  uncomfortable.  But I don't suppose I was alone there.  Will take a while to get used to being close to people again.

Lorne Street have new televisions in the concourse?

49 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Are there any guarantees yet, that all problems regarding entry to the paddock will have been resolved for tomorrow nights game.?

I'll stick my neck out and predict not even 5000 there tomorrow mate.

In general night crowds always reduced , only big one can recall was that Shrewsbury one ( Burton aside ). 

I anticipate no issues tomorrow at all . Not because vale have solved it, purely based on what I've predicted. 

• Thanks 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I'll stick my neck out and predict not even 5000 there tomorrow mate.

In general night crowds always reduced , only big one can recall was that Shrewsbury one ( Burton aside ). 

I anticipate no issues tomorrow at all . Not because vale have solved it, purely based on what I've predicted. 

There was 3200 against Sunderland and people still had to queue for 10 or 15 mins get in on the railway side. 

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

At what time as i just went straight in no queueing at all

It was about 7.30 when I got in the queue. Before you say get there earlier I finish work at 6 in Newcastle and don't drive so have to get the bus and dont get home till 6.45. Then I need have something quickly for tea and get changed out of work clothes so can't get to the ground any earlier than that.

3 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

It was about 7.30 when I got in the queue. Before you say get there earlier I finish work at 6 in Newcastle and don't drive so have to get the bus and dont get home till 6.45. Then I need have something quickly for tea and get changed out of work clothes so can't get to the ground any earlier than that.

I wasn't going say anything like that,it's down to the individual what time they can get there,i only went 10 mins before you and went straight to the turnstile and straight in,just lucky i guess

Advert:

No decanting of beer in the railway stand. Lads standing by us swigging bottles of lager.