Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

I was the same , turned up at 2:50 for the paddock joined the queue by synetics car park in in about 3 minutes! 
They only opened the bottom turnstile just before you turned up we got to the ground about 2.20 and there was 2 turnstiles open by the club shop

Regardless of the turnstile issues the kick off should have been delayed.

Once it became obvious that there was a problem, even if there are no speakers outside the ground, it wouldn't have been difficult to radio round to the stewards to inform them that the kick off was delayed by 15-20 minutes so that it could be relayed to fans queuing. Surely that is preferable to opening exit gates.

We have had games delayed in the past due to traffic on the motorway holding up a couple of away coaches.

With regards to a lack of turnstile operators there must be some people at the club who could do it for 15 minutes whether it be managers, yts lads, groundskeepers. If not there are lots of unemployed at the moment, surely some agency staff could have been brought in to assist on the turnstiles then transfer to the refreshment kiosks.

On the fans side if more could make the effort to purchase their tickets in advance either online or fro the club shop rather than on the day it would make it easier for the club to prepare. They must however have expected the number of fans who came yesterday.

Once is just about acceptable but it can't happen again.
Oh the terrible fans buying tickets on match day.

Who cares when they are bought. It's on the club to make the experience as streamlined and enjoyable as possible.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bomber said:

Obviously there are issues to be addressed, but come on guys first game for a lifetime and people still chipping up at 2.45 hoping to walk straight in. Let’s get real here give the club a chance ! Get in early have a beer enjoy the game quit the moaning.

You have missed the whole point. It’s not fans turning up at 2:45 or later that is the issue. It’s fans that were queuing as early as 2pm and some didn’t even make it into the ground for kick off. I missed the first 10 mins and was in the queue at 2:15 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

You have missed the whole point. It’s not fans turning up at 2:45 or later that is the issue. It’s fans that were queuing as early as 2pm and some didn’t even make it into the ground for kick off. I missed the first 10 mins and was in the queue at 2:15 

back to 3.15 kick off! thats what i say.😄:drunk::drink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Oh the terrible fans buying tickets on match day.

Who cares when they are bought. It's on the club to make the experience as streamlined and enjoyable as possible.

Exactly. The Hamil End seemed to be sorted, by the vast numbers in before kick-off 

When I sat down in the Lorne street at 2.30 the Railway paddock looked empty. Issues to be addressed yes! But we need to help not moan! I am sure the club will quickly address these issues but let’s give them a fighting chance. Get in early! 

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

We need to magic up a dozen or more turnstile operators from somewhere. 

Can’t the club use an agency? Plenty of people looking for work. The place where I work have agency staff a lot. I know it’s only a couple of hours work but surely someone on an agency would do it. 

I thought it's be a perfect job for a Stoke fan. Sitting on your backside, intermittently pressing a pedal with one foot. But then again, they'd have to be able to count. Oh well, back to the drawing board

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, bomber said:

When I sat down in the Lorne street at 2.30 the Railway paddock looked empty. Issues to be addressed yes! But we need to help not moan! I am sure the club will quickly address these issues but let’s give them a fighting chance. Get in early! 

The trouble is People don’t want to sit inside the stadium for 45 mins when you’ve got kids with you. It’s not exactly a great experience inside the ground is it going in that early? We had a fanzone which was fantastic, people should be able to enjoy that, then at 2:30pm go queue up and get in comfortable for kick off. We’re talking 5,500 fans here not 25,000. There should be no problem whatsoever 

Edited by sandyford_valiant
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, bomber said:

It was the fans who turned up early that had to queue!! 

• Like 1

Even though several people have explained this to you, you're still clearly struggling to understand the situation.

1 hour ago, sandyford_valiant said:

The trouble is People don’t want to sit inside the stadium for 45 mins when you’ve got kids with you. It’s not exactly a great experience inside the ground is it going in that early? We had a fanzone which was fantastic, people should be able to enjoy that, then at 2:30pm go queue up and get in comfortable for kick off. We’re talking 5,500 fans here not 25,000. There should be no problem whatsoever 

Have to say full credit to the club and Uni for the fanzone.  I think this could be very popular with fans with younger families rather than sitting inside the stadium.  If it really takes off we could need more space, plus maybe need to look at providing a bit more cover for when the weather turns.

• Like 2