onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

Advert

17 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Had more problems parking than getting into Lorne St. However I was early, did think it strange that fewer turnstiles were open than usual. Would have expected at least the usual amount to be open.

perhaps they could use some of the stewards who are standing about !😐

20 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

They counted 5 bar gates but more walked in. Luckily nobody fell over or it could have been nasty

Thought it was an awful situation, something that could have been managed a hell off a lot better given the climate or at any time tbh. Clowns on Radio Stoke saying stop moaning! Ridiculous situation that should have been managed from 2.15pm onwards. No or little stewarding of crowd, no tannoy announcement or anyone addressing the crowd. If people don't flag up this kind of situation how can things improve and be acted upon. I have actually seen £21 K in Vale park, although the gate was listed at £14K! Not moaning merely giving out facts as I'm sure are well and truly documented for action for the future.

Thought it was an awful situation, something that could have been managed a hell off a lot better given the climate or at any time tbh. Clowns on Radio Stoke saying stop moaning! Ridiculous situation that should have been managed from 2.15pm onwards. No or little stewarding of crowd, no tannoy announcement or anyone addressing the crowd. If people don't flag up this kind of situation how can things improve and be acted upon. I have actually seen £21 K in Vale park, although the gate was listed at £14K! Not moaning merely giving out facts as I'm sure are well and truly documented for action for the future.
You must have spent the entire 90 minutes at that game counting fans

I'm sure there's a couple of turnstiles at the family stand end of the Railway Stand that away fans used when they had a couple of blocks of the stand years ago.
I think they need to reopen them and have stewards directing people to them to ease congestion at the club shop end.
Also i think it would be better to knock the wall down between the paddock and railway stand to make it one stand, align the gangways and have a walkway halfway up similar to the bycars.

Regarding yesterday's issues.

It's unfortunate there are so few turnstiles to the high capacity Paddock.

Many years ago you used to be able to walk around the ground once inside. Remember the transfer turnstiles at both pitchside corners of Bycars stand?

If the Bycars / Paddock route was reopened as a walkway it would give access to Paddock from Bycars turnstiles.

Having said that as others have said connecting the Paddock and Railway Stand walkways would be the simplest resolution.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Was the position of the fanzone causing problems getting in to the paddock?  

I don’t think so. The queue appeared to run in a straight line between fanzone and club shop.  However, I was going to take the lads into the shop but didn’t fancy pushing through the queue for the turnstiles to get there.  Not sure if this queue was somehow combined with the queue for the ticket office, it was hard to differentiate.

For anyone who says that fans should get there early, 2:30 should be early enough not to have to panic that you’re going to miss kick off, as was our case in the Bycars, where over the years we’ve gone from 8 turnstiles, to 4 and now just 2.

I think we’re stuck for operators as much as anything else as there was a job advert on the screen at one point. With this in mind, I would hope that fans are respectful to the turnstile operators, who currently, through no fault of their own, have a thankless task on their hands.

19 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Thought there was more than 6900 there today tranmeres following was 1300 but there must of been a couple a thousand at least 

A Tranmere fan told me on the way back to the train that 1300 was ticket sales and there were many more on the day. I live on the Wirral a few miles from Tranmere. So talk to them more than most.

But I will raise another issue here. Longport Station. East Midland trains halting there halved. So we have the difficult situation where a traveller or home supporter to Vale Park has to go Crewe to Stoke then hop on a train back to Longport. Or walk / get bus from Stoke station. Also this is actually a reduction in trains available in total as well. Going home last night required Longport to Stoke, Stoke to Manchester, Manchester to Liverpool. Normally it would have been Longport to Crewe, Crewe to Liverpool with backup of Crewe to Chester, Chester to Birkenhead. 

When the signalman halted my Liverpool to Crewe train yesterday to let an Avanti West Coast past the consequence was that I only caught Crewe to Stoke with seconds to spare. Lucky. So rail travel to Stoke is loads more problematic; not to mention zero opportunity to socially distance.

I can't drive at the moment because of a medical condition; have to hope with two year's treatment that gets turned round shortly. 

Obviously there are issues to be addressed, but come on guys first game for a lifetime and people still chipping up at 2.45 hoping to walk straight in. Let’s get real here give the club a chance ! Get in early have a beer enjoy the game quit the moaning.

It was alarming to watch the Railway stand from the Lorne Street stand. In the end the Railway stand was well populated but before the game it took much more time than usual to become that way. I mean home fans often do walk up close to the game and the club should cope with that. It's normal everywhere. A bit like its no good apologising for train cancellations because we haven't got enough drivers!

Archived