onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

49 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Are there any guarantees yet, that all problems regarding entry to the paddock will have been resolved for tomorrow nights game.?

I'll stick my neck out and predict not even 5000 there tomorrow mate.

In general night crowds always reduced , only big one can recall was that Shrewsbury one ( Burton aside ). 

I anticipate no issues tomorrow at all . Not because vale have solved it, purely based on what I've predicted. 

Advert

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

In general night crowds always reduced , only big one can recall was that Shrewsbury one ( Burton aside ). 

I anticipate no issues tomorrow at all . Not because vale have solved it, purely based on what I've predicted. 

There was 3200 against Sunderland and people still had to queue for 10 or 15 mins get in on the railway side. 

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

At what time as i just went straight in no queueing at all

It was about 7.30 when I got in the queue. Before you say get there earlier I finish work at 6 in Newcastle and don't drive so have to get the bus and dont get home till 6.45. Then I need have something quickly for tea and get changed out of work clothes so can't get to the ground any earlier than that.

3 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

It was about 7.30 when I got in the queue. Before you say get there earlier I finish work at 6 in Newcastle and don't drive so have to get the bus and dont get home till 6.45. Then I need have something quickly for tea and get changed out of work clothes so can't get to the ground any earlier than that.

I wasn't going say anything like that,it's down to the individual what time they can get there,i only went 10 mins before you and went straight to the turnstile and straight in,just lucky i guess

Slightly off at a tangent, but my feelings.
Travelling in was amazed at the lack of traffic, parked on High Lane, was the only car there. ( still the same at the end!!)
Went to have a look at the fan zone, looked great, lots of happy families there.  Spending at the vale as well instead of the town centre.
About 2.15 this,  queues for the Paddock even then, so the "not there early enough" goes out of the window.
Made my way round to Lorne street 2.20ish,  went straight up to turnstile and in, no problem.
Not so good then unfortunately.   Long queues at the concourses (good for vale though)  Part of the problem was having to decant into glasses, ( but my bottle of cider Ok).     
2 people left my queue because it was cash only apparently.   If it has to be cash only ( unusual since covid) this needs to be well flagged up in publicity and notices up at the kiosks. Money being lost here. If folk know in advance, easy to sort out.
No programs available.  Probably the 1 match  ( new signings, what number etc)  I would buy a program.  Maybe they had sold out, but as I say this was at 2.20.
Saw comments that the queues at the Paddock kiosks were enormous at half time ( I didn't look tbh, was watching the half time scores on the new teles).  Stadia Catering always pre poured before half time.  Would this help?
I didn't notice lots of fans coming in after KO in the Lorne Street or Bycars (no more than usual anyway)   If fans can't get in to the Bycars, that is ridiculous with how many go in there.  There has always been late arrivals in to the Paddock, so didn't think anything of it at the time tbh.  This has got to be sorted though, or casual fans will just not come.
Overall experience,  really enjoyed it, good atmosphere, lovely to see so many kids there, all in strips.
Have to say I found it strange being in a crowd after so long,  uncomfortable.  But I don't suppose I was alone there.  Will take a while to get used to being close to people again.
No decanting of beer in the railway stand. Lads standing by us swigging bottles of lager.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I have to agree ! Be totally amazed if we have much over 5k. 

Hope synectics car park is sorted out bloody mahem Saturday
Yes got a season pass for there but got told it was full (arrived just after 2.30) so ended up leting us on car park C behind the away goal. It's happened a few times now and a bit annoying. Never understand why they don't keep the spaces free for the ticket holders.

Just about got in on time after queuing for 15 mins to get into the paddock via the turnstiles by the Synectics car park. No scanners working, lad was just writing down 5 bar gates on his pad

Hopefully teething problems but folks won't be happy if it carries on especially if the weather is a bit iffy

3 hours ago, rayzer said:

Hi Paul (Loggerheads Sage), I have a spare programme from Saturday if you want it. I also have a Northampton one spare if you want that one too.

Eh up Ray, you owrayt?       It was really to see what number all of the new players were.  Used the BBC Sports website. Soon get used to them.

If it is a spare, I would be grateful if you could pass it on to Evo for me.  Cheers mate

Archived