onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

When I sat down in the Lorne street at 2.30 the Railway paddock looked empty. Issues to be addressed yes! But we need to help not moan! I am sure the club will quickly address these issues but let’s give them a fighting chance. Get in early! 

The trouble is People don’t want to sit inside the stadium for 45 mins when you’ve got kids with you. It’s not exactly a great experience inside the ground is it going in that early? We had a fanzone which was fantastic, people should be able to enjoy that, then at 2:30pm go queue up and get in comfortable for kick off. We’re talking 5,500 fans here not 25,000. There should be no problem whatsoever 

Advert

1 hour ago, bomber said:

When I sat down in the Lorne street at 2.30 the Railway paddock looked empty. Issues to be addressed yes! But we need to help not moan! I am sure the club will quickly address these issues but let’s give them a fighting chance. Get in early! 

It was the fans who turned up early that had to queue!! 

Even though several people have explained this to you, you're still clearly struggling to understand the situation.

1 hour ago, sandyford_valiant said:

The trouble is People don’t want to sit inside the stadium for 45 mins when you’ve got kids with you. It’s not exactly a great experience inside the ground is it going in that early? We had a fanzone which was fantastic, people should be able to enjoy that, then at 2:30pm go queue up and get in comfortable for kick off. We’re talking 5,500 fans here not 25,000. There should be no problem whatsoever 

Have to say full credit to the club and Uni for the fanzone.  I think this could be very popular with fans with younger families rather than sitting inside the stadium.  If it really takes off we could need more space, plus maybe need to look at providing a bit more cover for when the weather turns.

38 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Have to say full credit to the club and Uni for the fanzone.  I think this could be very popular with fans with younger families rather than sitting inside the stadium.  If it really takes off we could need more space, plus maybe need to look at providing a bit more cover for when the weather turns.

Yes it was very good. Not sure if it was that good because it was the first league back and the buzz was about the place or could it be that good each home game? I enjoyed it and would sooner go up there for an hour and have a drink and see the buzz than sitting inside the ground like you said. I had three girls with me and they loved it also. If it did take off I know it’s all extra cost but a marquee type covering would be great. Screen up showing goals, music on..

2 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Even though several people have explained this to you, you're still clearly struggling to understand the situation.

I understand the situation ! The club have apologised what do you want them to do! We can all moan ! I had to park miles away and walk I have mobility issues I have been on the list for a parking season ticket for two years ! For heavens sake get behind the club nobody wanted this situation I am sure lessons have learned.

1 hour ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Yes it was very good. Not sure if it was that good because it was the first league back and the buzz was about the place or could it be that good each home game? I enjoyed it and would sooner go up there for an hour and have a drink and see the buzz than sitting inside the ground like you said. I had three girls with me and they loved it also. If it did take off I know it’s all extra cost but a marquee type covering would be great. Screen up showing goals, music on..

I agree, took my 6 year old daughter for her first ever football game and she loved it, was a good atmosphere there and facility to have.

A marquee may be a good idea in the colder winter months or its a write off if its raining for example but depends on cost, certainly a good idea though and improves us further in terms of family friendliness. 

Slightly off at a tangent, but my feelings.

Travelling in was amazed at the lack of traffic, parked on High Lane, was the only car there. ( still the same at the end!!)

Went to have a look at the fan zone, looked great, lots of happy families there.  Spending at the vale as well instead of the town centre.

About 2.15 this,  queues for the Paddock even then, so the "not there early enough" goes out of the window.

Made my way round to Lorne street 2.20ish,  went straight up to turnstile and in, no problem.

Not so good then unfortunately.   Long queues at the concourses (good for vale though)  Part of the problem was having to decant into glasses, ( but my bottle of cider Ok).     

2 people left my queue because it was cash only apparently.   If it has to be cash only ( unusual since covid) this needs to be well flagged up in publicity and notices up at the kiosks. Money being lost here. If folk know in advance, easy to sort out.

No programs available.  Probably the 1 match  ( new signings, what number etc)  I would buy a program.  Maybe they had sold out, but as I say this was at 2.20.

Saw comments that the queues at the Paddock kiosks were enormous at half time ( I didn't look tbh, was watching the half time scores on the new teles).  Stadia Catering always pre poured before half time.  Would this help?

I didn't notice lots of fans coming in after KO in the Lorne Street or Bycars (no more than usual anyway)   If fans can't get in to the Bycars, that is ridiculous with how many go in there.  There has always been late arrivals in to the Paddock, so didn't think anything of it at the time tbh.  This has got to be sorted though, or casual fans will just not come.

Overall experience,  really enjoyed it, good atmosphere, lovely to see so many kids there, all in strips.

Have to say I found it strange being in a crowd after so long,  uncomfortable.  But I don't suppose I was alone there.  Will take a while to get used to being close to people again.

The new system is having problems WiFi, scanners working slowly plus someone said some turnstile operators are off ill or isolating. Yes it was bad on Saturday especially the paddock but let's not get carried away and blame the shanahans.

They want to try installing Ubiquiti mesh outdoor wifi, class system, they’d also massively benefit from fans wifi, the signal on a Matchday with O2 is nothing short of awful, too many people in 1 area, barely get anything rendered

3 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I remember the great day in the Wycombe marquee 🤗🤗

55 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Slightly off at a tangent, but my feelings.

Travelling in was amazed at the lack of traffic, parked on High Lane, was the only car there. ( still the same at the end!!)

Went to have a look at the fan zone, looked great, lots of happy families there.  Spending at the vale as well instead of the town centre.

About 2.15 this,  queues for the Paddock even then, so the "not there early enough" goes out of the window.

Made my way round to Lorne street 2.20ish,  went straight up to turnstile and in, no problem.

Not so good then unfortunately.   Long queues at the concourses (good for vale though)  Part of the problem was having to decant into glasses, ( but my bottle of cider Ok).     

2 people left my queue because it was cash only apparently.   If it has to be cash only ( unusual since covid) this needs to be well flagged up in publicity and notices up at the kiosks. Money being lost here. If folk know in advance, easy to sort out.

No programs available.  Probably the 1 match  ( new signings, what number etc)  I would buy a program.  Maybe they had sold out, but as I say this was at 2.20.

Saw comments that the queues at the Paddock kiosks were enormous at half time ( I didn't look tbh, was watching the half time scores on the new teles).  Stadia Catering always pre poured before half time.  Would this help?

I didn't notice lots of fans coming in after KO in the Lorne Street or Bycars (no more than usual anyway)   If fans can't get in to the Bycars, that is ridiculous with how many go in there.  There has always been late arrivals in to the Paddock, so didn't think anything of it at the time tbh.  This has got to be sorted though, or casual fans will just not come.

Overall experience,  really enjoyed it, good atmosphere, lovely to see so many kids there, all in strips.

Have to say I found it strange being in a crowd after so long,  uncomfortable.  But I don't suppose I was alone there.  Will take a while to get used to being close to people again.

Lorne Street have new televisions in the concourse?

Archived