onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

One thing though guys, despite the issues yesterday that will no doubt get sorted by the club 

What a great atmosphere, never seen so many club shirts and other wear in show.

There is a hugely positive feel to the Vale these days and we can all celebrate that after the <ovf censored> we have experienced.

Advert

Regardless of the turnstile issues the kick off should have been delayed.

Once it became obvious that there was a problem, even if there are no speakers outside the ground, it wouldn't have been difficult to radio round to the stewards to inform them that the kick off was delayed by 15-20 minutes so that it could be relayed to fans queuing. Surely that is preferable to opening exit gates.

We have had games delayed in the past due to traffic on the motorway holding up a couple of away coaches.

With regards to a lack of turnstile operators there must be some people at the club who could do it for 15 minutes whether it be managers, yts lads, groundskeepers. If not there are lots of unemployed at the moment, surely some agency staff could have been brought in to assist on the turnstiles then transfer to the refreshment kiosks.

On the fans side if more could make the effort to purchase their tickets in advance either online or fro the club shop rather than on the day it would make it easier for the club to prepare. They must however have expected the number of fans who came yesterday.

Once is just about acceptable but it can't happen again.

23 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

I know it isn't what we're used to but the demand has altered post-covid and we all have to be more patient. It's a changed world for now. One of my mates is a Swansea st holder who couldn't believe we left the pub at 2.40 when he came to a match with me 2 seasons back. We all need to adapt and stop acting like Trip Advisor compensation lovers.

You're on the wrong end of this one my friend. I watched on (from the fanzone) at the queue that was well into the hundreds for the Paddock by 1400. This isn't on the fans turning up at 1455 and expecting to waltz straight in, far from it.

9 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Had more problems parking than getting into Lorne St. However I was early, did think it strange that fewer turnstiles were open than usual. Would have expected at least the usual amount to be open.

Try Dimensions,£1.20 for 3hrs😊

11 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

You're on the wrong end of this one my friend. I watched on (from the fanzone) at the queue that was well into the hundreds for the Paddock by 1400. This isn't on the fans turning up at 1455 and expecting to waltz straight in, far from it.

I saw it the same way myself.  Have to say it was slightly different elsewhere when we walked around the outside of the ground at about 2:15.  The queues for the Lorne St and Bycars were small at that time, but when we’d got back to the Bycars at 2:30 the queue had increased massively.

I love what Carol has done and without her we wouldn't exist. So don't take this as a dig. The scenes from 1400 - 1500 yesterday outside all sections of the ground were utterly shambolic, embarrassing and frankly dangerous. 

Some suggestions:

- Open all of the turnstiles. The most Vale fans at a home game for 6 and a half years and we have less turnstiles open than we've ever had in the past. Utter lunacy.

- Sort out the ticketing system. If the equipment isn't working properly then replace it or fix it. if the turnstile operatives aren't trained, get them trained.

- Communicate. Nobody knew what was going on yesterday. Queues after queues after queues. Old folk looking bewildered, kids getting upset, blokes with 4 pints in their bellies getting restless. We're lucky it didn't kick off. And speaking of kick offs, we've seen numerous delayed kicks offs in the past (I was at one just last week up at Sunderland). If there's literally thousands of people outside who can't get in come 1455, make the call. 

Let's make no mistake. If this happened under V2001 or NS then people are rioting. Carol et al have so much goodwill in the bank that people will accept this once (or twice in a week in this case) but people will start to get seriously hacked off if they don't sort this out asap. The club has done a fabulous job of engaging the fanbase, let's not forget the fundamentals like letting them into the ground for crying out loud!

Oh and for those saying 'turn up earlier', you're clearly on the wind up. This isn't on the 5600 Vale fans who turned up to a stadium with 15000 seats for home fans expecting to be able to get in.

Obviously there are issues to be addressed, but come on guys first game for a lifetime and people still chipping up at 2.45 hoping to walk straight in. Let’s get real here give the club a chance ! Get in early have a beer enjoy the game quit the moaning.
Did you not go to the game or haven't you read this thread....?

This has nothing to do with people turning up late with 15 minutes to spare and then complaining because they had to queue.

Myself included the majority stuck in a queue arrived in plenty of time (I was there 40 minutes before kick-off) to find only 2 turnstiles open for the Paddock.

Ironically the stragglers who did turn up with 10minutes to spare found no queues becuase the main gates had been opened and anyone with a season ticket, 10 game plan or any plastic card they waved were allowed to stream through.

I love what Carol has done and without her we wouldn't exist. So don't take this as a dig. The scenes from 1400 - 1500 yesterday outside all sections of the ground were utterly shambolic, embarrassing and frankly dangerous. 
Some suggestions:
- Open all of the turnstiles. The most Vale fans at a home game for 6 and a half years and we have less turnstiles open than we've ever had in the past. Utter lunacy.
- Sort out the ticketing system. If the equipment isn't working properly then replace it or fix it. if the turnstile operatives aren't trained, get them trained.
- Communicate. Nobody knew what was going on yesterday. Queues after queues after queues. Old folk looking bewildered, kids getting upset, blokes with 4 pints in their bellies getting restless. We're lucky it didn't kick off. And speaking of kick offs, we've seen numerous delayed kicks offs in the past (I was at one just last week up at Sunderland). If there's literally thousands of people outside who can't get in come 1455, make the call. 

Let's make no mistake. If this happened under V2001 or NS then people are rioting. Carol et al have so much goodwill in the bank that people will accept this once (or twice in a week in this case) but people will start to get seriously hacked off if they don't sort this out asap. The club has done a fabulous job of engaging the fanbase, let's not forget the fundamentals like letting them into the ground for crying out loud!
Oh and for those saying 'turn up earlier', you're clearly on the wind up. This isn't on the 5600 Vale fans who turned up to a stadium with 15000 seats for home fans expecting to be able to get in.

Spot on

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Did anyone else notice that at half time there was a message from the club on Twitter apologising for the problems. 

46C4CA55-EDD4-4F5F-94A6-4480D3133501.jpeg

Turnstiles 19 and 20 being open could help in reducing the Railway Stand queue.There is a lot of people who get to the ground via Scotia Road/Bycars Road.

22 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Did you not go to the game or haven't you read this thread....?

This has nothing to do with people turning up late with 15 minutes to spare and then complaining because they had to queue.

Myself included the majority stuck in a queue arrived in plenty of time (I was there 40 minutes before kick-off) to find only 2 turnstiles open for the Paddock.

Ironically the stragglers who did turn up with 10minutes to spare found no queues becuase the main gates had been opened and anyone with a season ticket, 10 game plan or any plastic card they waved were allowed to stream through.

Were the 2 paddock turnstiles open where the ticket office is?  I went in through the lower turnstiles, I arrived at 2.45 and was in my seat for kick off.  Very similar to Philmpvs experience.

Got to the ground at 2. Was in my seat in the paddock at 2:58
There were a few moaning and trying to give the stewards a hard time but the vast majority of people were having a laugh about it, with it could only happen at Vale attitude
They will get it sorted, Carol and Kevin will be absolutely gutted that some people's match experience was dampened by it all.

Were the 2 paddock turnstiles open where the ticket office is?  I went in through the lower turnstiles, I arrived at 2.45 and was in my seat for kick off.  Very similar to Philmpvs experience.
When I arrived, only the two turnstiles adjacent to the ticket office were open.

The 3 gates I normally use near to the Synectics carpark were closed.

While they are having teething problems best to arrive early but folk like myself like a pint and go in at 5 to 3 or 19.40 on a night match .

I'd expect things to massively improve for the next home game or do the right thing and put kick off back as we didn't pay for a season ticket miss 20 mins of every game through no fault of our own .

Sort it out Vale and use a bit of common sense and let the fans in where you can we can always filter into the areas we want to sit so if the WiFi works well at Lorne Street then walk around to the paddock etc 

There's always a way get folk safely and quickly and efficiently into  the ground once in they can get out the usual ways 

UTV 

I don't believe you unless you pushed in the queue.
Believe what you like, but that's what happened. Missus dropped me off, I joined the back of 1 of 2 queues formed by the Synectics car park entrance, and went in via my usual turnstile 5 minutes later. Easy as pie. Not saying all had the same experience, but that was mine. I'll make sure I video it from the moment I leave my car with a timestamp next time

Archived