onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

11 hours ago, Santa said:

I get that you can’t just turn up at five to three and expect to waltz in. Even if there have been plenty of times in the past when I have.

But I’d been in the fanzone.

Was the position of the fanzone causing problems getting in to the paddock?  

Advert

26 minutes ago, Doha said:

Do you mean they queue? In fairness apart from the turnstile queue itself I was straight through after buying it online and having a QR code on my phone scanned, it gets emailed to you. 

I’m sure I read somewhere last year there’s a long term plan for that section of the ground to knock down the turnstiles. In a way it’d be a shame to lose a bit of 70 year old history but the number of turnstiles for the size of the railway isn’t proportional and most of the space is wasted on the bit the operator sits in. A number of new structures with multiple automated scanning turnstiles in each is the way. 

While they’re at it the railway needs a pop up refreshment kiosk to take the pressure off the main one as the queue was 15-20 mins at HT, people gave up and the business missed out on a little bit of revenue. Carol is very keen to save us from this tinpot league; the facilities and staff need to be prepared for larger crowds than in recent years to become the new standard. The Gorm years scrambling around the relegation spots and getting the depressed crowds to match are over. 

Doha, yes they but a ticket from ticket office before the game. I agree with all that you say and believe that Carol will be discussing this either this morning or tomorrow to resolve the issue. After Carlisle we have three away games so it has to be sorted by then at the latest. I’m a huge fan if Carol and Kevin and know that they want the best for the club and fans so don’t want to see this damaged by basic errors

1 hour ago, rsb said:

I have a ten game card with just the seat number on the club do not have my name or address or phone number as they did not ask for it when i brought the card so if a report comes in that the area i was in somebody had covid how do they inform me that i need to isolate.

If you’re double jabbed you won’t have to isolate now. Rules changed. 

11 minutes ago, dishydave said:

The problem with knocking things down on the railway side of the ground is the coal board won't let them do it because of mine shafts. The initial plan was to extend the kiosk in the paddock but they wouldn't let them. so I would imagine it's a recurring theme with any other improvements they want to make.

Gorm successfully got planning permission to build apartments in the corner between the LS and the HR end so not sure what their problem is? Not like we're after digging massive foundations to install a floodlight, just some surface level structures.

FBXNDNs.png

12 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

There were four turnstiles open for the Railway Stand. Took me about 6or 7 minutes to get in at about 2.30. That barrier across the walkway is a nuisance but I assume it’s been put there to stop folk parking there which they were doing all last season. 

There were plenty of parking spaces last season.

This is something that needs addressing as it certainly affects the matchday experience. I was lucky in that I got in the queue for the paddock at 2.30pm and got in the ground at two minutes to ko however many were not so lucky. Had they not opened the big gate matters would have been even worse. 
I know the owners have made a great effort with the extra food and drink offers but most didn’t have the time to use them. Additionally the wait for HT refreshments was so long, most didn’t bother, which must be costing the club money. Why don’t the have an app ordering system so you can just collect at HT instead of having the extra delay of payment etc.

Plenty of room for improvement I’m afraid.

12 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I thought the exact same. I’m certain there was more than 1,300 fans behind the goal. I thought there was a good 1,700 or so. Great crowd today and the atmosphere in the railway was very good. 

Also I hope they sort it out for the Robbie Williams concert or they’ll be still waiting get in the year after 🤣

The Hamil end holds 4,600  if there were 1,300 in it yesterday no way could they have fitted 4 times that amount in.

48 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Rules have changed from Monday…you don’t need to isolate, plus was it ever the case if you were outside?

From Monday it’s changed if your double jabbed. Previously if you had spent 15 mins with someone outside who had covid then you had to isolate. Thought the clubs handling of it was a joke to be honest 

Gorm successfully got planning permission to build apartments in the corner between the LS and the HR end so not sure what their problem is? Not like we're after digging massive foundations to install a floodlight, just some surface level structures.
FBXNDNs.png
That was the Robbie Williams suit where he was putting them so there was no building required

3 minutes ago, dishydave said:
47 minutes ago, Doha said:

That was the Robbie Williams suit where he was putting them so there was no building required

The finalised plans had them in the undeveloped corner with glass balconies overlooking the pitch?

zHYrVhx.png

I thought the mineshaft issue would have been more for building homes on there, people not being able to get mortgages, that sort of thing.

If Norm could build a few apartments to save him walking to The George then I’m sure we could build some other stuff on there as well.

I don’t get folk saying “ they opened the big gates so there were more than 7,000 in the ground”

yes the gates were opened, but they didn’t just let the fans pour in, they were counted in so those counts would have been added to those entering via a turnstile, giving a total amount.

2 minutes ago, Rory said:
11 minutes ago, Conrad said:
I don’t get folk saying “ they opened the big gates so there were more than 7,000 in the ground”
yes the gates were opened, but they didn’t just let the fans pour in, they were counted in so those counts would have been added to those entering via a turnstile, giving a total amount.

Hardly the most scientific method is it, a bloke doing a tally chart trying to count the number of folk barging through a gate.

Not scientific at all, and it was piss poor, but the point I was making was those were counted in, not 6986 plus those that entered through the big gates.

Archived