onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

Advert

40 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

According to a steward I spoke to they were having problems with the wifi network which meant the scanners were working intermittently which is why the queues were moving so slowly.

Doesn’t stop them opening the extra turnstiles … slow scanning on 4 gates is better than 2

I think you will find it was the scanners not working went in bycars at 2pm first turnstile would not except card went in the second turnstile card excepted i've got a 10 game card but heard it was not working for some season tickets aswell.

I arrived at 2.30 and the queue was horrendous, no organisation, only 2 turnstiles open, a complete shambles.
I dread to think of the 'used to attend' fans who have made the effort to attend today, I can't image they will be in a rush to come back!!!
I feel so sorry for Carol, she really cares and give 100%, but unfortunately she has been let down by one, if not more, of the many managers she now employs to ensure things run smoothly.
I would of hoped that lessons would of been learnt from similar issues on Tuesday.

So we have 2 turnstiles for say 500 or so in Bycars, 2 for say 2000 in Lorne Street, 2 for say 2000 in the Paddock and 2 for 1500 in the Stand.  

At possibly 3 per minute is it any wonder chaos reigns?  I’m guessing no one has done the maths. 

The lack of available turnstiles for each area always amazes me and seems far less than every other ground I go to.  To have only half open is foolhardy.

Why do we have individuals scan guns, where others clubs you scan yourselves?  Then the 2 guys outside checking bags can also assist if anyone is having issues - more turnstiles open but no need to employ more staff.

Result of this happier supporters, more in the ground quicker and likely to spend more money in the club also……..if only they can ever get to the counter which is another key issue that needs addressing.

Talk about the match day experience is one thing - action is another

I’ve seen it go wrong plenty of times in the past but never like it did today. There’s a huge bottle neck in that corner by the entrance to the Synectics car park and the new barrier that has been put in is making things worse.

Unfortunately I can’t see it improving until the whole stand and the turnstile blocks get knocked down and rebuilt.

4 minutes ago, Santa said:

I’ve seen it go wrong plenty of times in the past but never like it did today. There’s a huge bottle neck in that corner by the entrance to the Synectics car park and the new barrier that has been put in is making things worse.

Unfortunately I can’t see it improving until the whole stand and the turnstile blocks get knocked down and rebuilt.

Which stand as both Railway and Bycars were chaos today with long queues?🤔

We can't escape the fact that criticising is NOT a dig at our owners. 

They have saved our possible existence after the previous incumbent.

However today was absolutely shambolic, I've not seen queues for the Bycars like that since the 90's . Snaking all the way up past the Lorne Street, I thought we had Man United at home rather than Tranmere. Took me 25 minutes to get in and I expected the kick off to be delayed it was that bad. 

We have actually managed to ' lose ' fans today who had enough. Probably never to return. 

Obviously Carlisle we'll all walk straight in with 4328 there but no escaping the fact that today was truly abysmal. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

However today was absolutely shambolic, I've not seen queues for the Bycars like that since the 90's . Snaking all the way up past the Lorne Street, I thought we had Man United at home rather than Tranmere. Took me 25 minutes to get in and I expected the kick off to be delayed it was that bad. 

We have actually managed to ' lose ' fans today who had enough. Probably never to return. 

Obviously Carlisle we'll all walk straight in with 4328 there but no escaping the fact that today was truly abysmal. 

That's a worry,as many fans gave up and went to the pub or home.

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I know it isn't what we're used to but the demand has altered post-covid and we all have to be more patient. It's a changed world for now. One of my mates is a Swansea st holder who couldn't believe we left the pub at 2.40 when he came to a match with me 2 seasons back. We all need to adapt and stop acting like Trip Advisor compensation lovers.

I know it isn't what we're used to but the demand has altered post-covid and we all have to be more patient. It's a changed world for now. One of my mates is a Swansea st holder who couldn't believe we left the pub at 2.40 when he came to a match with me 2 seasons back. We all need to adapt and stop acting like Trip Advisor compensation lovers.
What's COVID (post or not) got to do with today?
There were no restrictions in place for social distancing that have influenced this situation that I could see.

3 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Thought there was more than 6900 there today tranmeres following was 1300 but there must of been a couple a thousand at least 

I thought the exact same. I’m certain there was more than 1,300 fans behind the goal. I thought there was a good 1,700 or so. Great crowd today and the atmosphere in the railway was very good. 

Also I hope they sort it out for the Robbie Williams concert or they’ll be still waiting get in the year after 🤣

There were four turnstiles open for the Railway Stand. Took me about 6or 7 minutes to get in at about 2.30. That barrier across the walkway is a nuisance but I assume it’s been put there to stop folk parking there which they were doing all last season. 

Archived